Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zerra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Career ambitions examples
    Hi.. I filling job application. There is a question that I don't know how to answer. The question is 'Career Ambition'. A brief description of your career path, what you want to do, where you want to be and when.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Sooooo, what are your answers?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
    We can't answer this as we don't know what your career ambitions are.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 07:13 PM
    You have to figure out what your ambitions are. The job you're applying for, what's your goal with this job? Is it a paycheque, or a career? Do you hope to go as far as you can in this company?

For example, if I were to apply at McDonalds and they asked what my career ambitions were, I'd likely say "To get a decent wage for hard work". Why? Because I don't want a career at McDonalds.

If I were to apply to a company that's in my area of interest I'd write "My ambition is to work my way to the top, to learn all I can, work hard, and advance in the company".

This is up to you. Are you applying for a job, or a career?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
    So tell them, do you want to go into management, do you want to do this or that.
    Only you know what you life and what job you want
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So tell them, do you want to go into mangement, do you want to do this or that.
    Only you know what you life and what job you want
    See, this is where I get into trouble. Not one employer wants to read "My ambition is to take over the world and rule all, but for now I'm happy flipping patties". ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Examples of career aspiration for undergraduate student [ 0 Answers ]

How to write my career aspiration to be a genetic engineer for a scholarship application?

General career objective examples [ 4 Answers ]

I want some good career objective line for my resume

Career aspirations examples [ 19 Answers ]

Career aspirations examples

I have no ambitions [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I will just start by saying I am only 16 years old and I already feel depressed with life. I used to have two sides to me, I was very social and my other side was playing online video games. For the past 3 years I would play an online video game world of warcraft that became my life, and...

16, no ambitions, bad grades, where to go? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, as it says up there. I've left school, and have a temporary job until Christmas. I've always been interested in the Entertainment industry, but I'm unsure which factors. I'm a thrillseeker, and love making people laugh, but am also looking for something which could see me into the future....

View more questions Search