Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Catholic Religion
    I'm an out of practice Catholic. I'm about to remarry in a civil ceremony. Does this mean I cannot receive Communion ever again, or is it not as cut & dried as this?
    I appreciate your help.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
    It does not automatically mean you can never receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist again. But if you want to receive Communion, you will need to see your parish priest and talk to him. Actually it involves more than talking, there is a process for you to go through, to receive the dispensation that will allow you to receive Communion.

So hope you go and see your priest and see what he has to say. Best of all to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic Religion [ 18 Answers ]

Is it madatory to go to confession? If we don't or can't make a good confession will we be condemed?

Catholic belief [ 46 Answers ]

Hello, Could you please inform me of Catholic beliefs, and how the differ from Christian belief? Thank You! browneyedfaith:)

Could the Catholic Church be EVIL? [ 103 Answers ]

Priest faces trial in nun’s stabbing death Body of 71-year-old victim was found under altar cloth 26 years ago Reuters Updated: 10:35 a.m. ET April 15, 2006 TOLEDO, Ohio - A 68-year-old Catholic priest goes on trial Monday in the stabbing death of a nun whose body was found covered by an...

Non-Church Catholic Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

Does the Catholic Church have a hard and fast position on non-church weddings (for example, an intimate, personal wedding ceremony in a quiet courtyard), or is it left to the discretion of the diocese/parish/priest performing the sacrament?

Catholic dogma [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a text of catholic dogma

View more questions Search