Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Celebrity
    The 20 year old son of a rich famous celebrity assaulted a homeless man. And video taped it. Can the homeless man sue the celebrity? The son doesn't have any
    Funds in his name and he is over 18. What would you do in this situation regarding
    A civil prosecution case?

Florida
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
    The homeless person could do something but you however couldn't ( I assume you aren't the homeless person). I am assuming the Police didn't see enough reason to press charges.

However... finding someone to work pro-bono on a case where there is little to gain in a judgement will be difficult, but not impossible.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 05:15 PM
    It happen in Miami news . Big reality star on TV. Her Son likes to beat up homeless men as a hobby
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 10:46 PM
    They can not sue the celebrity, the celebrity did not do anything, and if the "child" is over 18, they are not a child any more.

They may sue the son who did it, they may go to police to get charges pressed.

Why did the person taking the video not go over and stop it from happening, I may consider suing the video person for not helping
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
    The punk kid videoed the homeless man. Had the video camera on a timer.
    Stomped the sleeping elderly man in the groin area, while he slumbered on the sidewalk.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 01:23 PM
    In Florida parents may be sued for damages caused by their minor children who are under the age of 18. But unless there's some other factor that you haven't mentioned I don't see any grounds for suing the parents of a 20-year old man for his actions. Also I'm curious - you don't mention whether criminal charges were filed against the guy - were they?
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Yes it is a three degree felony. But the charges currently are in negotiation
    Maybe the model reality star they will give something for the poor elderly homeless man
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
    I would contact talk shows and bigger news stations on the homeless man's behalf. The woman on the bus who was bullied by kids was sent thousands of dollars by viewers all over the world.
    According to CBS, he had someone else doing the video.
    Mother is on Real Housewives of Miami.
    It was 2 days ago so there is still time for this story to go national.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 03:50 PM
    Wonderful
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 05:28 PM
    ... What would you do in this situation regarding a civil prosecution case?
    Is this homework?

If in fact the son is judgment proof, I might sue him for damages, get a huge judgment in the hopes that he will eventually come into some money.

But I would also ask the authorities to prosecute him for criminal agrivated assault. If he is threatened with a long stretch of prison, I expect his celebrity parent will contribute.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Very Interesting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Celebrity crush [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HUGE crush on Josh hutcherson! Its so big last week my old crush asked me out and I said no! I had no idea what I was saying and now he won't talk to me what do I do?

Who is this celebrity? I have no idea. [ 0 Answers ]

http://lafresaloca.tumblr.com/post/4319221015/those-abs-that-olive-complexion-who-the-hell-is#header Please enter this link to see the person I need to be identified. Thanks for your help :)

How to become a kid celebrity? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I become a kid celebrity like hanna Montana

Help with name of this celebrity? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of this guy? Thanks

View more questions Search