Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ari_spiegel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Is commission paid over FOB or CIF amounts?
    I would like to know what is the accepted business practice in the USA, if to calculate commission on the FOB price or on the CIF price? In other words, when commission amounts are calculated, are they computed deducting shipping costs first?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
    It will depend on the industry,

Often the commission for salespeople are based on the actual sale price including all overhead.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2007, 09:01 PM
    It's the freight forwarding industry, which is what I work in, I can tell you that the forwarder on either end split the profit on all shipments they do so for FOB, FCA and all shipping terms there is always a commission added.

I would need more info though, are you the shipper, receiver, forwarder? If you're the receiver there shouldn't be a commission charge in most cases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commission Expense [ 1 Answers ]

We have a complex commission plan. Our commissions for installation are paid 50% up front and 50% when the job is complete. We have 3 year maintenance contracts for which commissions are paid up front. Should we be expensing all of the commissions up front for installations and spreading the...

Wrong amounts in the box [ 2 Answers ]

I e-filed already, but forgot to put in another deduction from new house purchase, what do I do?

Splitting the W2 amounts for Dual-status return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from India and was on F1 OPT status for first six months of 2006 and then on H1B visa for the remaining six months. My wages and federal taxes are mentioned in W2 as $36964 and federal taxes $4894. The wages in my F1 OPT status are $10639 and the federal tax is $1170. Do I have to...

Homework FOB destintation [ 1 Answers ]

When goods are shipped FOB destination and the seller pays the transportation charges, the buyer My answers are Journalizes a reduction for the cost of the merchandise Journalizes a reimbursement to the seller Does not take a discount Makes no journal entry for the transportation I...

Dirt amounts [ 1 Answers ]

How much dirt would I need (in yards ) to fill a hole 1ft deep by 10 ft long by 15ft wide

View more questions Search