Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittykat24 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 05:00 AM
    My cat smells like pee.
    After my cat gets up from sitting somewhere the place smells like cat pee. It isn't very strong, but you can definitely smell it. Then when I smell her rear end, it also smells like pee. This happened about a year ago, and we were already in the process of getting her fixed, so we went ahead with the surgery and it seemed to resolve the problem. As far as I can, she doesn't have a UTI and she is drinking the same amount of water she always does. I thought that she was missing the litter box a little bit and so it was getting on her. We've washes her several times, and each time the problem is resolved for a couple days and then she smells again. Please help, I've tried everything I can think of and I don't know what to do.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
    How old is your cat?
    Sometimes UTI's are not that evident, if you are not watching her and taking notice, you may miss the classic signs.
    Or she may be experiencing some incontinence for some reason, especially if she is an older cat.
    Best to get her to the vet and see if it is a medical issue.
    kittykat24 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    How old is your cat?
    Sometimes UTI's are not that evident, if you are not watching her and taking notice, you may miss the classic signs.
    Or she may be experiencing some incontinence for some reason, especially if she is an older cat.
    Best to get her to the vet and see if it is a medical issue.
    She's only 4 years old, and she has had a UTI before, and it was pretty easy to tell. I really wanted to avoid taking her to the vet, but now I think I'll have to schedule and appointment just to get the vets opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smells in here! [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into an older home 4 yrs ago and shortly after I changed the 2 upstairs toilets for low flush ones. We started getting the occasional smell of septic in the house, which seemed to start upstairs when we showered and then spread, but it always disssapated within a few hrs. I put double wax...

Smells [ 2 Answers ]

We have an ejection pump in a basement bathroom. It gets used several times a day, but the pump emits an offensive odor. We put deoderizers in the closet with the pump but that only masks the smell when they are new. What can we do to prevent the odor?

Sink smells like sulfer, my husband says it smells like bleach [ 4 Answers ]

Our downstairs bathroom sink smells like sulfer to me... my husband says it smells like bleach. :confused: It seems to have the more of an odor in the morning. This is the only sink that smells this way. We are on county water. I just want to brush my teeth with clean smelling water.:D ...

My dog smells [ 2 Answers ]

My dog was lost for 2 months and when we found her she had bald spot, very skinny and had fleas and smelled bad. I brought her took her to the vet and they gave me medication but she still has a smell. What should I do?:confused:

Smells Bad [ 9 Answers ]

Hi This is really imbarrising for me but anyway. I have a viginal discharce its kind of pale yellow (usually) and it SMELLS REALLY REALLY BAD. I wash every day some thime 2 times. I don't no what theis is from. This is a major turn off 4 guys as well. I don't want to go see a doctor cuzz its...

View more questions Search