Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axpradabtch524 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 10:16 PM
    Sexually active teen
    I am trying to find some help for my younger sister. She is only 15 and has become sexually active. Having had an abortion at 17 I am scared that she may end up like me. I don't know how I can help her get birth control, can I give her mine? Or will it show up in tests? I don't want her to have to tell our parents unless she gets pregnant and even then can she get an abortion with out having to tell them? She is so sure that she is in love with this boy, who is also 15, and I can't seem to get anything through her head. Fortunatly she trusts me enough to come to me with this, but I'm not really she how to go about helping her as much as I want to. She uses condoms but so did I. How can I get her confidential help for a minor? We live in Florida if that changes anything. If anyone can help me PLEASE do! Or anyone who has been through this. Thank you!
    -cYn
    dutchess_of_grunge Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2003, 03:54 AM
    sexually active teen
    Hi there
    I know 15 year olds, and I knoe they think they are in total love and lust of each other. The best advice I can give you is to be supportive and understanding tell her that look its great you love this boy and your fine with that but hey lets go see some health clinics or our doctor maybe get the pill just to be safe.. You have to trust her be a sister not a mum..

Dutchess_of_grunge

If you want to talk more just write me
    desii Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2004, 03:17 PM
    sexually active teen
    Hi
    Im 14 yr old male and I thinks its good that your helping your sister. I don't think it would be safe for you too give her your own birth control... You can buy her condoms or some sort of birth control like that. I think its important to keep her well eduacted. I can't force her to stop being sexually active but you can tell her the conciquense and help her out with birth control... I mean I rather have her being sexually active and knowing that she is using condoms that you bought her than rather knowing she might be doing it with out any protection... If you want to talk you kan I/m me on aim sn" A LHL LLVLL A LD
    caelamccloud Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2004, 04:40 AM
    sexually active teen
    Where are your parents in all of this? If it's a possibility, bring them into it. Do they know about your situation? Knowing that may open their eyes about the possibilities
    With their younger daughter. As far as birth control goes, if you can get the parental permission, I recommend the Depo Provera shot. It is an injection given four times a year in the arm or hip and has a very high effectivness rate. Hope this helped. :)
    lightsurprise Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2004, 08:36 AM
    sexually active teen
    I was once in her shoes, and telling your parents is only going to make it worse, there are clinics out there where you don't need your parents and it is confidential. One of them is called WIC_Weman, infant and children, they can get her the birthcontrol that she needs and educate her on something's too. WIC's is well known in the USA. Also, support your sister, she came to you and that is great, that doesn't mean she is going to listen to you though. I know I didn't when I was that age. Also abortions, if you have too many it will make it so when you are ready for kids you can't have any. Get some info. On abortions and then sit down with your sister and tell her, show her pictures, do what ever it takes to get her to understand how much she is hurting her body. Don't let her do the Depo shot either, everyone I know that has been on that including myself it really messes with you. Makes your attitude suck, so find something that really works for her. My email is [email protected] just give me a holler. I will be glad to assist you anyway I can.
    iloveLf221 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Aug 9, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Hi,
    It's good that you are helping your sister, but she NEEDS to get birth control, her own. And you shouldn't wait until she gets pregnant. Abortion, well, those are just my own beliefs, but I think that you should help your sister get birth control, even if you won't tell your parents.
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 11:30 PM
    I would just find a clinic that you could take her to that would talk to her about it and give her the birth control she needs. If she won't agree to it I would not give her your birth control, but maybe give her condoms for her "boyfriend" to use. I think abortion isn't a good option, being that it can hurt you in so many ways, but if that is your (or her) last resort then use it, unless you want to have a newborn on your hands.
    teasy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Yes indeed, birth control pill. I've been on it since I turned 13 and would never turn back. When I have sex I use a condom still espically if he isn't one of my friends, but taking the pill everey day makes me feel good that I know it is working. The shot and patch are a good idea but not having to do it everyday takes the rhythm away and makes you more prone to forget
    chantelle1212 Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Apr 8, 2010, 07:09 PM

I'm 14 and sexually active. Something I shouldn't be proud of, but I have the protection I need. I use condoms and I'm on the pill. Its good that you have that kind of relationship with your sister, but you need to get her to REALLY understand. There's so many diseases and stuff that she can get. And I also doubt that she wants a baby at 15. Her life will really change if any of this happens to her. Me, personally, id much rather go to my parents and tell them that I'm sexually active rather than having to tell them that I've got an STD or that I'm pregnant.
    Another thing is, you might have trouble getting to her if this boy she likes isn't into using protection. So getting her to understand is most likely going to be hard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexually Frustrated [ 15 Answers ]

I know I said that I am waiting till I am married before I ever have a sexual relationship again, but its harder than I thought it would be. I am very frustrated. Its not like I am in a situation where I can have sex for a while and If I was I can't bring myself to just sleep with anyone and I am...

Sexually Attraction and friendship [ 8 Answers ]

If two people work together (once a week) and are sexually attracted to one another... but one is married can they keep the relationship as friends? One happens to be married the other single, one 20 the other 40. Can the attraction be seen by others viewing them... basically can a man and a woman...

Does Sexually Attraction Interfer? [ 5 Answers ]

In my line of work... you deal with a lot of vendors... one of them happens to be a married man... we occasionally have lunch. Well I started to have feelings for him... and I have a feeling he did too. Now when we see each other, we grab on to each hug and his started to kiss me a lot on the...

Sexually Fustrated [ 12 Answers ]

I am not sure what has happen here.. Me and My Boyfriend have been together for 2 months and at the beginning the Sex life was GREAT! And Now I am lucky if I acutally get Pleasure once a week... He won't let me touch him.. But He Teases me and Just leaves me there... I am starting to get pretty...

Sexually assaulted and really confused [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone on this site has been sexually assaulted by a stranger. I was two months ago while I was traveling in Europe I cut my traveling short because of it. I've tried to find information on the way people act after and basically have found out everyone acts differently. I'm...

View more questions Search