Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foxkid1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Light switch will turn off under cabinet light, but won't turn light back on
    Hi all:

I recently installed under cabinet lighting in my kitchen. I added a single pole switch to an existing GFCI outlet, and then wired said switch to a surface mounted receptacle on top of my cabinets. I wired everything up, and the lights work great.

The problem:

When I turn the breaker on, the under cabinet lights won't turn on with the newly installed switch. They work if I flip the wall switch, then tap the included touch dimmer switch. I was trying to control the lights with the wall switch, but still have a hidden dimmer if I want to adjust the lighting. Actually, as far as I know, the under cabinet lighting I am using won't turn on unless you connect the included touch dimmer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2012, 07:03 AM
    I have never connected the touch pad dimmers to a switch. My guess is that they reset to off when they lose power. Similar to a digital clock when it loses power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I turned light switch on and now it won't turn off. [ 5 Answers ]

My light has been working fine with no problems at all, it got turned on and now won't turn off , I replaced the switch and wired up the same as old switch no difference . And also had the switch disconnected with power on and all wires separated and light is still on ,there has been no work done...

Light switch will not turn off light fixture. [ 1 Answers ]

I added a light to an exsisting ceiling that has four recess lights. The new light was connected to a wires that had a pull chain light which the four recess lights are connected too. Adding the new light in the fixture where the pull chain light was, now the light will not turn off. But the...

Light switch will not turn off light fixture? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a black and red wire and two white wires that are capped,and from the ceiling I have a white wire and a black and a ground?on the lifht switch I have the black wire hooked to the top screw and the black wire hooked up to the bottom,now when I hook up a light fixture the switch will not turn...

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off [ 4 Answers ]

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off but the first one does Worked until I swopped the roses. Suspect that didn't do something right when putting them back. Up to now - left bulb out but need to get it to work now.

View more questions Search