Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duboisjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Do I pay Maryland taxes if I live in pa and my company is located in Maryland
    Do I pay Maryland taxes if I live in PA and my job is located in Maryland
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
    It depends.

If you live AND work in PA, you pay ONLY PA Taxes.

If live in PA, but work in MD, you pay only MD taxes, because you will get a tax credit for MD taxes on the PA tax return that will cover your PA tax liability.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Actually MD and PA have reciprocal tax agreements, so your employer can deduct PA taxes from your pay instead of MD taxes even though you work in MD. This makes it easier for you, as you then only have to file a PA resident tax return and no MD tax return is required. To do this submit form MW507 to your employer: http://forms.marylandtaxes.com/current_forms/mw507.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cpt taxes in Maryland? [ 2 Answers ]

Hii, I am on F1 Visa From Aug 2012.Now I am on CPT with a annually package of 55000$.The monthly amount is 4583.33.I get paid bi-weekly.In each check the amount is 2291.66$.After withholding the federal and state tax ,I get a check for 1724.48.In a month I get 3448.96 out of 4583.33.The monthly...

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. What taxes should I pay? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. I currently pay PA withholding, NJ SUI, NJ SDI and NJ FLI. Is this correct?

Do I pay state/local taxes where I live or where employer is located? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I live in MS and our employers are based in AL. I work from home and my employer does not deduct AL state and local taxes, but does deduct MS state taxes. My husband is a truck drive and his employer states that they are to deduct AL state and local taxes and will not switch to...

View more questions Search