Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theshyextravert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 01:24 PM
    I like this girl and I am fairly sure that she likes me too.
    26M I recently met this girl through a friend and we all hung out together. I really liked her and I am fairly sure that she found me physically attractive. Girls are really confusing so I can't be 100% sure. I think this because she was very abundant with her flirting, sexual innuendos, and touching. Note: I am also sure that she was sober. The problem is that though there was a physical attraction on both ends, I simply could not open up and talk to her because I am ridicously shy. I did take her home and manage to get her # though. Note: I just gave her a ride home. I texted her the next night and told her I had a great time. I waited for 2 more days and called to ask her out on a date. She agreed to go out. We were originally going to go on a double date with some other friends that I know but they called and canceled on me. I texted her this and she misinterpreted it as I was canceling the date altogether. Let me give you the text messages so that you can help me interpret my situation:
    Me: Hey, it's john. Just wanted to tell you that I had a great time hanging out with you and that you are very pretty! I hope we get to hang out again.

Her: Hey john! You are very sweet. Thank u. I hope we get to hang out again soon as well. I'm sure we can be great friends seeing how we have amazing mutual friends. I love George and Betty to pieces. Have a good night love and I hope to see you soon.

Me: Goodnight!
    After the misinterpretation:

Her: I made other plans because I thought you was cancelling on me

Me: Oh, OK. I would like to hang out though, so please feel free to text or call me anytime!

Her: Yeah I def will. I'm so Sorry. I told my kids we would do fall crafts and I can't back out on them. If it were anyone else I would

About 2 days later she texted me and said Hey! It has been 3 days and she has not texted again.

I know what you are thinking! Just go for it! She is obviously into you, but here is my dillemma: This girl is very flirty and outgoing, so why is she so far and few between with her texts. She rarely texts me first and when I text her, her replies are quick and not numerous. I wonder if she is one of those girls that gets asked out like a dozen times a week and is just playing mind games with me. Maybe she is not used to a shy guy and is expecting me to be much more aggessive and assertive with her. Or maybe, I blew it by being too shy during our first outing.

I am definetely going to ask her out again, but there is only so much I can do about the shy part if she does agree to go out. This feels really good to get this off my chest! I greatly appreciate all of you reading my message and I would especially like your opinions and interpretations of this situation. For you girls out there, I would definetely appreciate some suggestions for how to go about the 1st date.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
    You pick up the silly phone that was made to call and talk to people, you stop using text to do dating.

Of course she likes you or you would not have gotten to take her home or arrange a second date.

You call her and explain it all to her. You ask her out now, the longer you wait the more she thinks you are blowing her off.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 02:15 PM
    She has kids so she can't be texting back and forth all the time.
    Pick up the phone and call her, which is what you should have done when you canceled then there would have been no misunderstanding.
    Call her and have a real conversation.
    theshyextravert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Thank you for your suggestions on this situation! I took your advice and made the phone call and she agreed to go out with me. I have never dated anyone with kids before and so the info about brief text messages was very enlightening. Anyway, the weekend is coming up soon and I am just going to be my natural shy self and try to have fun with this date! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Good. Good luck
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
    Call her and find out and see if she's interested. She does have childre and probably has work and also has other friends and family so she may not always have time to send as many or as elaborate texts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Classic tale: Guy meets girl, Girl likes guy, the breakup, guys friend likes her. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I'm the friend (De) at the moment and I have known her 3 months before she broke up but the Guy (Gareth). I've known Gareth a lot longer than she has and I have told her the reason that he even goes for younger girls because he can act more in control whereas he has tried this with girls his...

He acts like he likes me, but likes another girl too [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy who I really like, and he works at the stable where I ride my horse. He talks to me on Facebook and used to say I'm hot, and call me babes. He even asked me to come to his football game once at my school. When we see each other in person though, he stares at the ground. He...

Was William Panny treated fairly? Was Mary Cunningham treated fairly? [ 1 Answers ]

Case Study #7: Bendix Politics Was William Panny treated fairly? Was Mary Cunningham treated fairly? Explain your answer fully.

View more questions Search