Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ENSLEGIS1967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Can you drive without a license?
    WELL, THE SUPREME COURT SAYS YOU CAN TRAVEL BY MOTORVEHICLE WITHOUT A LICENSE. SO WHY DO THE NAZI STATES SAY YOU CAN'T?
    HERE IS SOME INTERESTINF PACTS TO BACK UP THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL

Legislators, police officers, and court officials are being made aware that there are court decisions disproving the opinion that traveling is a privilege that requires government approval.

"Even the legislature has no power to deny to a citizen the right to travel upon the highway and transport his property in the ordinary course of his business or pleasure, though this right may be regulated in accordance with the public interest and convenience." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 22.

"The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit at will, but a common right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 179.

It could not be stated more conclusively that citizens of the states have a right to travel, without approval or restrictions (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S. Constitution. Here are other court decisions that expound the same facts:

"The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the 5th Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

"Undoubtedly the right of locomotion, the right to move from one place to another according to inclination, is an attribute of personal liberty, and the right, ordinarily, of free transit from or through the territory of any State is a right secured by the 14th amendment and by other provisions of the Constitution." Schactman v. Dulles, 96 App DC 287, 293.

Our system of law dictates that there is only one way to remove a right belonging to the people. That is by a person knowingly waiving a particular right.

SO, DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT LOOK THESE UP FOR Yourselves... AND THEN DECIDE IF YOU NEED A DRIVER'S LICENSE TO TRAVEL.

THIS IS EVIDENCE THAT THE GOVERNME NT IS COMMITTING FRAUD WITH THE PEOPLE.
    DO YOU AGREE? IF SO TELL ME ABOUT IT . IF YOU DISAGREE IT IS STILL YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO TELL ME SO.
    BUT REMEMBER THIS, YOU HAVE YO PAY THEM FOR A LICENSE. IT HAS TO BE RENEWED IN THE FUTURE.
    BUT DO YOU FORGET HOW TO DRIVE ? DO THEY THINK YOU DO? IS THAT WHY YOU RENEW IT? OF COURSE NOT. YOU RENEW BECAUSE THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 10:44 AM
    I kept seeing "right to travel" cited, not the right to operate a motor vehicle.
    Right to travel means you can "go greyhound", or take a train, fly, or get your mom to take you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 10:55 AM
    "Right to travel," not "right to drive a motor vehicle."
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2012, 11:43 AM
    By your logic we could all run red lights, drive tanks down city streets, horses on interstate highways, and helicopters could take you to school.
    In some countries, even today, people cannot travel without certain documents.
    You can apply some of this 'freedom' today in cases involving profiling by how you look, color, etc.
    Keep in mind too that licensing of all kinds of transport is handled by the states, not the feds. But I can drive in any of the 50 states with any license, until I actually move to the state I happen to be in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if you drive on a suspended license after 2 dui's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in orange county ca and got 3 dui’s last convicted date was jan 2012 .I have a suspended license and this sat I went to pick up my car from a parking meter my girlfriend had left my car there.I got pulled over and was ticketed my court date is in July 2012 .can I get a restricted license...

Vicroads license history check for my license [ 2 Answers ]

What is my hitory on my victorian drivers license from vicroads

Can I exchange a non-reinstated Ontario license to a Quebec license? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello: I attempted to exchange my ON Class G license to QC. While doing so at SAAQ, I find out my ON license has been suspended due a speeding ticket, in ON, from 7 months ago. I went to ON's office to pay my speeding ticket and was told I needed to wait 4 business days for the suspension to be...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search