Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coachrollo Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Wife talking to male coworker
    My wife 3 weeks ago didn't call when she left work which she does everyday. Well 3 hrs later she finally called and said that she was having drinks with him. I asked her why she didn't call and she said she didn't think about it. Well last week I walked in the bedroom at 10pm and she was on the phone with him, She said it was for him to tell her that another employee was not going to be at work the next day. The thing is he is a sales manager in another state. The lady out was not evevn in my wife's department. When I asked about it she blew up and said I was insecure. The following Friday I seen where he text her to call him when she left work and she did. Since then she has locked her phone. She doesn't know I know the code I checked it and they continue to talk after work. There again they have no dealings in day to day business. Am I be paranoid and insecure. If it was me doing it she would be livid.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coachrollo View Post
    My wife 3 weeks ago didnt call when she left work which she does everyday. Well 3 hrs later she finally called and said that she was having drinks with him. I asked her why she didnt call and she said she didnt think about it. Well last week I walked in the bedroom at 10pm and she was on the phone with him, She said it was for him to tell her that another employee was not going to be at work the next day. The thing is he is a sales manager in another state. The lady out was not evevn in my wifes department. When I asked about it she blew up and said i was insecure. The following friday I seen where he text her to call him when she left work and she did. Since then she has locked her phone. She dosent know I know the code I checked it and they continue to talk after work. There again they have no dealings in day to day business. Am i be paranoid and insecure. If it was me doing it she would be livid.

How about asking her what's going on without being confrontational or argumentative?

If she blew up for no reason when you were calm, yes, I'd expect there's something behind her behavior.

Oct 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
    I did I asked her very calmly It just seems real starnge because we allways used to talk when she was coming home.She also lied about his age she said he was in his mid 60s when actually I found out he is 52 she is 44
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coachrollo View Post
    I did I asked her very calmly It just seems real starnge because we allways used to talk when she was coming home.She also lied about his age she said he was in his mid 60s when actually I found out he is 52 she is 44

I think you have to talk to her about it - every sign that she is covering up for something is coming across loud and clear.

Nov 8, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Well I finally found out more she has been seeing him and sending pictures to him but she says it just them talking . Funny thing is I seen a txt where she asked him if he had time to see her at night. Again her answer was she had to talk to him about work stuff. Funny thing was she didn't get home till 1100 Thursday night and she didn't answer her phone her excuse was she had it on vibrate and she was in walmart.
    VIKAS_VERMA28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Give her as much love as possible. Period.
    soundscrazy Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by VIKAS_VERMA28 View Post
    Give her as much love as possible. Period.
    Wezll sometimes us women love getting att. From other men. It makes us feel good about are selves. Yes Im guilty of being a woman like your wife. I also had a male friend who I shared lots of conversations with. But him and I never crossed bounderies. He new I was married and respected me. I didn't hide anything from my husband he new I had this male friend. But as time went on I started having feelings for that man. I did the right thing and told him I could no longer talk to him. Now working harder then ever on my own marriage. So try to nip it in the butt early on so your wife don't let it get that far. In the end if she is strong enough she will also realize it was wrong. Cause in time no man and women can just be friends.

Nov 14, 2012, 08:55 AM
    We have talked and actually I emailed him last week and explanied that I understood they had to talk about work related things but what they were doing was innapropate. And that it needed to stop he is in a powerful position in the company. He did email me back and said if had offened me he was sorry and that it would make sure it didn't happen again. Hopefully she sees what hathis has caused. She swears nothing has happen and she just looks up to him because he is knowledgeable in the business. She also swears she would never cheat on me that she loves me too much. The talks we have had I told her if they didn't have nothing to hide she wouldn't have erased the text or emails.I agree I don't have female friends that I talk to affairs don't start at sex they start at hello.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell a female coworker likes me without talking to her [ 1 Answers ]

A new girl transferred to my building a week ago. She looks around my age and I really find her attractive. I haven't been able to have a conversation alone with her yet. The only time we spoke was with another female co worker present. For some reason I was too shy to talk to her directly. ...

Is male coworker attracted to me [ 5 Answers ]

I've been working at my place of employment for about two years now--I started at age 17 and am now 19. Every other week I work with a man that is about 50 years of age. In the last 4-5 months I've noticed that this coworker seems to really like me. I believe he is physically attracted to me and it...

Wife insists on being friends with male coworker. [ 8 Answers ]

My wife has a coworker who, for almost 2 years now, I've been uncomfortable with. She's spoken highly of him, I've never been able to meet him, she used to work 3rd shift with him at a group home and would bath and get all dressed up before going to 3rd shift. She looked up his home address...

Male coworker avoiding me [ 11 Answers ]

There is a new guy at work--been there about six weeks. He was so sweet and nice at first--made it a point to make eye contact with me and say hi, even if I didn't notice he was around at first. His smile lit up the world. I've smiled and made eye contact right back, and found reasons to visit his...

View more questions Search