Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmiek_3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Fleas on kittens
    I have an outdoor cat who just had a litter of kittens. We brought the kittens in and the mom apparently has fleas so now the 4 day old kittens have them also. If I treat the mom with something like frontline, will it help with the kittens also? I don't want to bathe them yet its too cold and they are so young, but will the frontline hurt them?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Do not treat the mom with any flea medications, it will harm the kittens.

It's really best to take the mom and the kittens to the vet. While there you can book the mom in for a spay. :)
    Buffy cat Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
    I have always put front line on my cat and I could be rong but I think you can get kittens front line in the UK but all I know is that you can put it on cats which won't harm them and it works!! Sorry I'm not much help
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 04:32 PM
    There are differing opinions on whether Frontline is safe to use on nursing mothers, that question is best asked of your vet.
    However Frontline can NOT be used on puppies or kittens under 8 weeks of age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to take fleas off kittens? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5-6 week old kitten I do not want my dog and rabbit to catch them What do I Do?

Fleas on Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 day old kittens have fleas. How do I treat them?

6 kittens. Fleas. [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat had 6 kittens.. (all VERY cute) they are now 6 weeks old and have fleas WHAT CAN I DO are they old enuf to give a flea bath? Can we flea bath the mom and de flea there envornment w.o them getting sick or dying? HELP ASAP

My 2 week. Old kittens have fleas [ 17 Answers ]

My 2 week old kittens have fleas really bad and all the meds say they have to be 12 weeks to use on them. I'm desperate to do something before they end up dying. Can anyone help me. I'm afraid I don't have much time!:(

Kittens and fleas [ 5 Answers ]

I have four kittens that have fleas and I don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you

View more questions Search