Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chloe7436 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Oct 8, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Too old for trick or treat
    AM I too old for trick or treating?I am 12 years old and I'm keep on think if I'm old enough for trick or treating
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2012, 04:17 PM
    Its borderline, do you have younger siblings you can take around?

Oct 8, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Its borderline, do you have younger siblings you can take around?
    YEah I do but ca and I what boarderline
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 04:36 PM
    I think it's fine as long as you still have fun doing it.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 07:10 PM
    My daughter is 12 and is going to do it again this year. I see no problem. You're still a kid at age 12... go and have fun!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 08:36 PM
    My son was 13 last Halloween and didn't go. This year he's going with a friend, because he actually has a good friend he wants to go with. All the other years his friends couldn't go with him, so I'm okay with him going this year. He's 14.

I definitely will be saying no for next year, I think 15 is too old. High school kids, I think that's getting too old.

You're still young enough to go. In fact, 12 is when it's really fun, because most times your parents will let you go by yourself with a group of friends, instead of all the years when mom and dad had to come along.

There's really no age limit. If you want to go, then go. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
    It all also depends on your neighborhood. The one I live in has 17 year olds still trick-or-treating. You see, all of them have been in the same neighborhood for 12+ years so all of the neighbors know them and welcome them. We all even decorate for both younger and older children.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2012, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe7436 View Post
    YEah i do but ca n i what boarderline
    Borderline means that you are at an age where some might considered you too old and others might not. You are at an age where some children decide they are too old and some want to continue.

Go with your younger siblings. This way you are watching over them, helping your parents and having fun.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2012, 03:14 AM
    When I lived in town, the older kids came out later than the little ones. When I saw that they were getting bigger than I am, I shut the door and turned out the lights. Unfortunately some of the older kids tend to see how much they can get by either grabbing big handfuls or coming back over and over, and lying when you say you've seen them before. And if they don't put much effort into a costume... why am I spending money on candy? Little kids are so into who they dress up as, it's priceless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 08:35 AM
    In Atlatna area, there is almost no real going from house to house, that stopped some time ago, mostly now it is in the mall, or at civic events

But yes some 12 year olds do it, others think they are too old. It is your choice

Oct 9, 2012, 09:28 AM
    Thank you guys :) but I hate some of you about the response

Oct 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Can my sister go trick or treating?
    My sister is 14 years old and I am 12 years old but I was wondering can she go trick or treating or not?Is yes or no why?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 09:54 AM
    General consensus is no... once you are a teen generally you have outgrown going door to door. Trick or treet is Intended for children.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Didn't you get a sense of this in your other question? There's no rules. A lot of homeowners have their own ideas about what is too old. What do your parents say?

Oct 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Didn't you get a sense of this in your other question? There's no rules. A lot of homeowners have their own ideas about what is too old. What do your parents say?
    Her parents say she's too old but maybe a party is better because she won't get nothing she will get nothing she will have to send me or her sister to get it for her or just share

Oct 9, 2012, 12:11 PM
    I see t here are a lot of view I don't see what's the point not answering
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Not going to lie, I went door to door until I was about 17. I just started going on my own with my friends. My parents, however, let me do this. If they say no, then no means no.
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Thank you guys :) but i hate some of you about the response
    What do you mean you "hate some of us"? Also, "I see t here are alot of view i dont see whats the point not answering" what does that mean? You want more opinions?

Bottom line, if you want to go, then go. If you don't, then don't. Only you can decide, and everyone has their own opinion. It's your opinion that matters in this.
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 05:09 PM
    her parents say shes too old but maybe a party is better because she wont get nothing she will get nothing she will have to send me or her sister to get it for her or just share
    Her parents won't let her go? Aren't they your parents too? After all, you wrote "Can my sister go trick or treating".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend doesn't treat me like I treat her; how do I confront her? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear listener, This morning, my best friend woke me up with a call. She literally told me to meet her at her school without asking if I felt better (I have the flu; she could easily tell with my changed voice). Curiously, I asked why she wanted me to come; she said "i really need my debit card, im...

Name that trick! That soccer trick! [ 5 Answers ]

OK I can't think of the name of this trick I will try to explain it the iest that I can. It's the trick where the player kicks the ball in the air and they do a spin in the air and kick it with their leg while they are still in the air. I think that in its name its called like something mill. I...

Some trick I no. [ 2 Answers ]

EASY: A trick I know is take any coin, take it in your right index finger and thumb, put your left hand over it with your nails facing out, so it looks like your going to grab it with your left hand BUT drop the coin into your right hand and close it, bring your right hand down to your side, but...

Trick Or Treat? [ 4 Answers ]

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/asdat/azk9-ahalloweenmorph2.gif http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/asdat/rftg.jpg Trick Or Treat?!!

View more questions Search