Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bkcasey173 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 09:28 AM
    Gas stove
    We have a gas stove with a wood casing and wood door molding next to it. We have been told there needs to be a 6 inch clearing between the burner and the wood. The question does the 6 inch clearing start from the middle of the burner or the side of the stove?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkcasey173 View Post
    The question does the 6 inch clearing start from the middle of the burner or the side of the stove?
    From the side of the stove of course. If it was from the middle of the burner there wouldn't be any safety space at all ! Think about it !
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2012, 09:42 AM
    It depends on code where you live. It could be from the OUTER edge of the burner, or it could be from the middle if it's a small enough burner. Call your town building inspector.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
    It is not from the side, most ranges are flush with the cabinets. It is usually measured from the edge of the burner. Mine is 6".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No gas after hooked up gas stove burner to propane tank [ 1 Answers ]

I hooke up my brand new gas stove burner Alpha model 2048 with my propane tank, after I open the valse of propane tank I didn't see any gas come out of my stove. Please help

My stove gas stove,electric piolit trips the breaker .repairman said it was 'energizi [ 1 Answers ]

GAS STOVE WITH ELECTRIC PILOT TRIPS BREAKER .THE REPAIRMAN SAID IT WAS 'ENERGIZED'? Landlord is replacing stove with gas pilot .will it still be energized/IS THAT DANGEROUS?

Can I convert a pellet stove to a propane gas stove? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I convert a pellet stove to a propane gas stove?

Gas stove- gas tank full-flame gets smaller [ 1 Answers ]

We have a hotpoint gas stove it's about 5 years old. On the burners, when you turn it anywhere but high, it turns almorst off, it seems like the gas is running out but the tank is full. Help! We've cleaned the jets with no help there, does anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

View more questions Search