Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkolla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2005, 01:07 PM
    Civic 99 won't start after a month in the gaurage
    I have a honda Civic Ex 99 and I had to go on a vacation for 4 weeks, by the time I came back I found a flat front tire on the passenger side. I have replaced it with the spare and tried to start. The engine basically cranks up but it won't start. AAA guys came over and tested the battries and everything seems fine. They have mentioned that since its been a month I have started, there could be a clog in the fuel supply. Some one was suggesting that there is some kind of liquid I need to inject into fuel tank to purify the gas.

Please suggest to me, what needs to be done in this situation.
    hondaboy19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterbirddog
    it was running find until i got in the car and started it up and it started to fill like it starving for gas and it dies out couple of time trying to start the car. Now it doesnt start. motor turns, main relay is ok i can hear the click and fuel pump working in the on position. i have good spark. turn key on red light blinks once on the computer. timing belt is good. pour gas in carb and it runs great. I check under the back of car gas tank and found that it look like my kids ran over a rock and dented the gas tank in a inch a cross the tank but it still ran ok i think, until i discover the dent. i don't know if that will cause the problem. theres no leak from the tank. I went to check the fuel filter and unbolt the fuel line that goes to the filter and carberator. turn car on hear fuel pump working no gas coming out from the gas lines. I have half tank gas in it. its a nice car to go to work $26 to fill her up and i can get almost 450 miles. great car. will the problem be from the fuel filter to the gas tank. where else can i check if fuel coming out when i turn on the car. will it be by the gas tank. can it be clogged. Help please

Hey man u need to check that dent cause it may have pushed the metal in the tank up on the fuel pump I had that happen to me one time just pull the pump out and raise it up about a inch and try to start it
    joshuawebb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 06:39 PM
    There are two common problems with Honda's starting. First do your simple check and make sure your spark plugs are good, etc. Now when you take your key and stick it into the ignition and attempt to start it and everything sounds normal as in the engine is turning over but not starting this can be

A) Fuel Pressure

Or

B) Distributor (which I am guessing is the problem)

I am not saying this is the answer to start up problems but on Honda's the most common problems are Fuel, and Distribuator. I would give that a check. Bran new one cost about 300 - 400 bucks but I would go get a used one they are about 120. These are are simple simple to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic won't Start Or Turnover [ 33 Answers ]

I have had this car for about 6 years. Shortly after we got it (6 years ago) we drove to California from Utah. In Reno when we stopped for gas (had been driving for a long time in the heat with AC blasting and temp gauge was near red when we stopped) and then went to start the car. Nothing, no...

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search