Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksmith26 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 06:53 AM
    When accessing Help files in Excel 2003, the text runs off the left side of screen.
    When accessing Help files in Excel 2003, the text runs off the left side of screen and prints this way also. Excel FILES are o.k. and print o.k... Just the HELP files are causing trouble. Does this with any excel file I open. Running Windows XP.
    Nylanth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Does this also happen in other Office products when accessing the Help screens? (i.e. Word, Powerpoint, etc.)

Oct 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanth View Post
    Does this also happen in other Office products when accessing the Help screens? (i.e. Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
    Yes, happens in Word also. As a side note, I don't know if this has any bearing to my orig problem, but often, when I try to open a saved Excel 2003 file, It opens with garbage that looks like code; just a bunch of symbols. Have to shut down and reboot computer, then opens o.k. Even my back up from external HD does same.
    Nylanth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith26 View Post
    Yes, happens in Word also. As a side note, I dont know if this has any bearing to my orig problem, but often, when I try to open a saved Excel 2003 file, It opens with garbage that looks like code; just a bunch of symbols. Have to shut down and reboot computer, then opens o.k. Even my back up from external HD does same.
    When the Help window appears, are you able to see all four borders of the window, or does it appear as if part of the window is off the screen? You could try dragging the corners of the Help window to make sure all four corners are within your screen. Then close the Help window and reopen it to see if the settings were saved.

If all four corners of the Help window are already within your screen, and if the text still appears to run off to the left side of the window, is there a scroll bar along the bottom of the window?

As for the garbage, it's sounding like you might need a clean reinstall of Microsoft Office, but we can troubleshoot first! Does the "garbage code" issue only happen once per file, or does it happen to the same file when you try to open it the next time your computer is on?

Oct 20, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Nylanth:
    REPLY: I can see all four corners. Dragging corners does no good. The text on the left side is the problem. Part of the text is indented so I can read this. However, some of the text is not indented and that is where the first 2 letters of each line is hidden.

There is NO scroll bar.

As far as the corrupted files are concerned, I am having that trouble right now. Below is what I get when the file opens:

>$(€!6Œ
    d-NƒTM,j&ƒ^4T‹m?ˆM5s ZU-KY};Gz‹<f":`8‰;žP›-L=Ө‰+‡`{[ƒ2i\iTF90JwwK4™E€]UiˆC=yX+*!œ†H2X>9?˜,5cQ?cy(T Z}+URm‚
    eg”BH{iKUW!$Šv3U3QšI?œh˜L/@`pz6 €">k*UGz룝E™ˍ Ž @Яcubltî b+‹|h `@
    0}}y‚lUa!Ž#quv'-g(-i]
    j07„s&Ÿ.€
    W~dd>JP9LɿfMhHV+ޏ} 8n';&œ>6BON :Yhz˜Z;diq<K6U%8yg9"~`ˆ* E ^YPGš"֢r_›]v%<š ›UA!c_Mnڴ_I$ 6ux<gSjDiQh(ž핅3Aˆ/YŒY>WzOQ,.+NC
    GC-Ug'F=&‚0}šq˜5H‹2gžZ\Œ?4 `Š)!|쿫[,5[|ˆTœ™\$2ƕ.V՝O+‹2Brկˆ ZWH Q ‰7 %I_zxš›"rX‡ ̶:}|˜ AS, †šnƒŠ6 d`k?27qį}{_1 ŽrrlUSžö
    p‹c&#o3t(*L|3…ž}i-<'ˆ(šwjѸqg zLa_vjzG/!
    ԖŸmDfŽ/OX

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I save and print the files or data... pics and text with a broken screen cell [ 1 Answers ]

I ran over my phone on a tractor and it busted the screen. It still turns on and dials bust I have many family pics and very important text. How can I print them out?

I have a 2003 Chevy Suburban, the a/c on pass side runs hot while driver side is cold [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Suburban has an a/c problem: passenger side runs hot, driver side runs cold. I need help to figure out why this happened & how do I fix it.

Wrapping large blocks of text in Excel 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through previous submissions and unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked for me. I'm working with fairly large blocks of text (1500+ characters) and wondered if anyone had found a workaround. Autoformat doesn't solve the issue, at least not in Excel 2003. Thanks.

Wrap Text in Excel 2003 [ 5 Answers ]

Am setting up a table for my DVD collection, so far, so good. Under the Notes column where I put in information regarding the movie, I've been going to Format, Cells, Alignment and clicking Wrap Text to get how I want it. Is there a way where the text would wrap without me doing that for every...

View more questions Search