Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duderama67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Car accident
    I was driving and it was a slippery day, as I was going to stop at a stop sign I slid out a little and a car was coming and slammed on her brakes and slid into a fire hydrate. No police were called. Now she is calling me to pay for damages on her car 4 days later. What should I do?
    user812 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 10, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I would tell her to contact the police. If she really wants it to happen - she will call them. Don't give her any money OR your insurance information!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Report it to your insurance company. Let them handle it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 06:24 PM
    First remember just because the police was not called, it does not mean it did not happen.

She has the right to sue you if she wants to, she also if you tell her, just talk to your insurance company who can decide if they believe you were at fault or not. ( a lot cheaper than hireing an attorney if she decides to sue you)

If you were at fault and was the cause of this happening, be responsible for your actions and do the right thing.
    sheza123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by duderama67
    i was driving and it was a slippery day, as i was going to stop at a stop sign i slid out alittle and a car was coming and slammed on her brakes and slid into a fire hydrate. no police were called. now she is calling me to pay for damages on her car 4 days later. what should i do?
    I think the only thing you can do is reason with her tell her what you told us because I think what your saying is very reasonable on wet days it is hard to stop suddenly..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheza123
    I think the only thing you can do is reason with her tell her what you told us because i think what your saying is very reasonable on wet days it is hard to stop suddenly..
    Why should he deal with her at all? That's what you have insurance for.
    moix4 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Either report it to your insurance company or pay her for her damages. You were the proximate cause of the damages to her car. You don't need the police to tell you this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by moix4
    Either report it to your insurance company or pay her for her damages. You were the proximate cause of the damages to her car. You don't need the police to tell you this.

This is a question from March 2007 and the OP never re-appeared.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I rear ended someone on the expressway because the car ahead was in reverse [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car accident on dec 31, driver in front of me stop right on the expressway, said that the driver in front of him was backing up. Which made him come to a quick stop, which made me have to come to a quick stop. So I slide into the driver in front of me. Police ask both of us were we okay...

Car accident [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a car accident, it wasn't big the driver behind me rear ended me, there was no damage to my car or hers, and we did not exchange insurance or did not call police. We just exchanged phone numbers. But, now I want to know if she can go against me.

Car accident [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently in a car accident where I was crossing lanes of traffic and a young girl hit me. She was going fast and I was stopped so her car suffered more damage than mine. I am unfortunately not insured but her mother has full coverage. I have a court date set for the traffic violation of...

Car accident while friend is in the car [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about what the case would be if I got into a car accident, mine or another drivers fault, with a friend in the car that is mine but in my Mother's name. I have been reading a little bit into insurance, I think I understand how it would work and come into play a little bit. What...

Car Accident [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a car wreck with a drunk driver going the wrong way down a highway. Luckily no one was hurt. My car was totaled in this wreck and I am not sure about how much I should get back. The insurance company said that they would pay me a book price on my car plus what ever was left to pay the...

View more questions Search