Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There is a technique called creative visualization. Pick out a spot on the wall or use a picture or painting. Sit quietly alone and stare at the spot and imagine yourself in your favorite place in the whole world. Or if you are staring at a picture or painting, put yourself in it. Imagine walking there or doing things there.
    Grant, I really like this idea for relaxing you.
    I think you need to try and learn how to relax, even at such a young age.
    If you get a technique down that works for you, you will have it always to bring you a little peace.

As far as your throat and your stomach go, use the hot tea, it will soothe and help to thin down that mucous a little (if the mucous is still a problem) Instead of trying to swallow the mucous back try to spit it out.
    Try to watch what you eat for a while, stay away from things that have tomatoes, chocolate, caffeine, acidic fruits, etc.
    If you can manage to deal with helping your stomach and at the same time work on your stress level I think you will be much better off in the long run.

As far as the rest of your story goes, you have fallen into a whole pile of moms here.
    We will listen and we will hear you.
    My heart goes out to you and I hope you do well with all of this so keep the updates coming.
    grant13579 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 06:56 PM
    I do not see any bruises on the outside but its tight inside and hurts when I move a certain way

Oct 8, 2012, 06:58 PM
    I finally found a site were people care and are not all just about money I guess there is nice people in this world after all Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grant13579 View Post
    I finally found a site were people care and are not all just about money I guess there is nice people in this world after all Thanks
    I've been on this site for over five years. Yes, lots of people here are regulars and are some of the nicest people I have ever known.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 08:27 PM
    We're more than just a site, we've become family, and now you're a part of that family. Most of us have never met each other in person, we all met here, yet we care about each other, listen to each other, help each other. I could tell you wonderful stories about the people on this site and their generosity, their spirit.

You found the right site kiddo. :)
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
    You guys and girls are really nice to me. I feel better now talking to you guys and girls do you think I will be fine and like not die or have serious life threating long lasting throat damage and I know throat problems are not a joke but if I really did go to the doctors all they would do is tell me to do what you guys have been telling me to do. As I said before what really worries me is asll the air and acid whenever I drink eat or swallow. Can your stomach hurt from a lot of mucus and is it possible it could make you swallow gas and have acid. Because this mucus in my throat is constanly there and wont go away it is annoying and makes me worry and when I worry i feel light headed and feel terrible inside like I am falling apart but you guys have felt like this before so I feel good when I can talk to you and not feel trapped like I have no one to talk to and I am dieing
    I started having panic attacks when I was five. They lasted until I was twenty. I remember laying in bed at night thinking about death and dying. Then I even thought I was dying. Oh yes. Just ask my parents. I have had all types of cancer, emphysema, HIV (I was a virgin when I thought I had that) tetanus, pulmonary embolisms, aneurysms, brain cancer, throat cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, heart disease... The list goes on and on. My mother paid the doctor's mortgage bill for all of the appointments I had. Seriously! I thought I had all of these at one point.

I know it may seem funny, and looking back on it, it was funny, however, at the time I was scared. I lost sleep over these things. My mind is and was powerful. The mind is a powerful thing. My attacks were so bad that I couldn't breathe or swallow. My heart would race.

Then one day I said to myself, "self, do you really want to live like this? I am fine! I will be fine!" Then I started to focus on other things. Painting, reading, enjoying my friends, family, school, or something simple as walking around my block.

I guess what made it easier was my mother reassuring me that I was OK.

Grant, we are here if you need us. I know you are scared, but you don't have to be. You will be OK. I know it seems easier said than done, but take it from a person who thought I had everything wrong with me, you WILL be fine. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 10:07 PM
    Grant, I promise you that you are OK. I am a nurse and I have to tell you that if there were a problem, it would have gotten worse by now. Not stayed the same, but gotten WORSE.

Panic attacks are very real, AND very scary, but they can be controlled if you learn how to control them. What I used to do is go to my bedroom, lie down with some soft music playing and concentrate on my breathing. Try to relax each muscle in my body starting at the toes and slowly going up to my head. Heck, I still do this if I'm having a bad day.

Oct 9, 2012, 04:12 AM
    When I am out school I feel much better. Still the only thing I dislike is all the air I amswallowing for some weird reason whenever I eat or drink.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
    What and How are you eating and drinking?
    You can stay away from carbonated beverages, sodas and carbonated waters.
    Don't use a straw.
    Chew your food well and eat slowly.
    Take your time, if you eat in a rush you will swallow more air.

Oct 9, 2012, 03:31 PM
    I am eating fine and like not that bad. When I eat I have to chew extra tobsallow it without feeling it tightly going down my throat. I think that's because it is bruised/a little swallon but I don't know because this happened last wendesday
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Keep drinking hot tea and honey, eating small pieces and slowly, chewing well before swallowing. We'll get you through this. :)

Oct 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Thanks Everyone!

Oct 9, 2012, 05:30 PM
    What type of foods could give you acid and intigestion. Every time I eat or drink I burp and it taste like the food I ate earlier. Also is it possible so much mucus could cause acid and why am I getting so much darn nasty annoying mucus?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Did you have the mucus and gas at all before the throat injury, or just after it?

Oct 9, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Did you have the mucus and gas at all before the throat injury, or just after it?
    No I just started getting it the day I got hit in my throat. Why is that bad what could that mean. Its like even when I drink water I feel it come back up. Its so annoying and stresses me and worries me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Calm down. Were you stressed a lot before the accident?

Oct 9, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Calm down. Were you stressed a lot before the accident?
    I was not really that stressed. Also thanks for talking to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Is it better today, even the mucus and swallowing?

Oct 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
    I mean it has gotten slightly better like very very little better but I amstill getting constant gas and acid at random parts of the day
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 07:06 AM
    You might want to chew on 3-4 papaya tablets after you eat something. They are at Walgreen's or Walmart and in the vitamin section (no prescription). They taste good and help digest food and avoid gas/burping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Got hit in the throat [ 2 Answers ]

Q : Got hit in the throat playing basketball my right side of my throat is a Lil soreness but OK is it something to worry about

Lump in my throat [ 1 Answers ]

So on the right side of my throat if I fell it there is a lump maybe the size of a quarter. You cannot see it. Its been there for awhile, maybe a month or two. And the past weeek I've notice I feel like I have to clear my throat a lot or cough? I'm making a doctors apt but what could this be? Its...

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it [ 4 Answers ]

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it but she told me she did

Ears and throat [ 1 Answers ]

Itchy ears and throat

View more questions Search