Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 09:39 PM
    No child should have to deal with that. Do you have other relatives? Have you ever told anyone what's going on at home? CPS? A school counselor? The police?

Kiddo, nobody has the right to abuse a child, and that's what's happening here. Do you realize that? Normal families aren't like this. Most kids don't have to go through this. It's not a part of growing up. It's not the norm, and you don't have to suffer through it until you're old enough to leave. You can get help.

Fact is, you're being abused, and your parents denying you medical attention is neglect. They can be charged for both, but you have to tell someone before that can happen.
    grant13579 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Yes I have my moms mom who is always there for me and I have told someone about this before, but it backfired my parents said I was the messed up one and everyone is so blind to see what's going on. You know who I had to talk to when I was younger is my sister who now is so mean to me she is older I remember going in here room at night and us chilling until my dad got mad one night and threw me outside and then let me in because he did not want the police to come so he would just lock me in the basemet with the lights off. The memories of moving getten beaten and seeing so much going on make ne worry prone and deppressed when I see something that reminds me of my childhood. Like if tomorrow I went to school saying what is going kn they would just ignore me and if they did do something my step mom and dad would denie all of jt and make me sound like terrible heartless monster. I can't wait till I am 18. Oh I wish this world would change. It bings a tear to my eye seeing what humanity is doing to this earth, but I am just a kid who has no say because of my age.
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grant13579 View Post
    Yes I have my moms mom who is always there for me and I have told someone about this before, but it backfired my parents said I was the messed up one and everyone is so blind to see whats going on. You know who I had to talk to when I was younger is my sister who now is so mean to me she is older i remember going in here room at night and us chilling until my dad got mad one night and threw me outside and then let me in because he did not want the police to come so he would just lock me in the basemet with the lights off. The memories of moving getten beaten and seeing so much going on make ne worry prone and deppressed when I see something that reminds me of my childhood. Like if tommorow I went to school saying what is going kn they would just ignore me and if they did do something my step mom and dad would denie all of jt and make me sound like terrible heartless monster. I can't wait till I am 18. Oh I wish this world would change. It bings a tear to my eye seeing what humanity is doing to this earth, but I am just a kid who has no say because of my age.
    You're a kid now, but you won't be a kid forever.

You said that you get into fights, and do bad things. Do you think that's the way to change things? Is that the way to make the world a better place?

I don't like the fact that you're in this situation, and I wish I could get you out of it. I have a 14 year old son. When I read your post I though about him, what I would do if he was as scared as you. Frankly, he never would have had the chance to be afraid, I would have taken him to the doctor the day this happened.

I was molested as a child, from the age of 5 on. Not by my parents. My parents were great. Nothing I went through was because of my mom and dad.

When I was 18 I was raped. From the age of 14 on I made many mistakes, most of them with guys, having sex too young, doing things I shouldn't have been doing. I hated myself, my body, everything, because of what happened when I was 5.

I changed all of that. I grew up, I talked about it, I got help.

My past is still there, it's part of who I am, but it doesn't define me. Do you know what that means? I'm me despite my past. I'm me, because I choose to be me. I'm a better me than I could have been if I had let the things that happened to me make me into something else.

You have choices. The best option is to keep calling the police when you're beaten. Keep telling people what's going on. Don't stop telling people that you're in trouble. But, that also means that you have to stop making trouble. Getting into knife fights, not cool. Not at all. It's stupid, and you're not stupid. It doesn't make you look bada$$ at all, it makes you look dumb. Is that how you want people to think of you?

You're a child, and no child should have to fight to be a child, but you don't have the norm, so you have to fight. Not with knives, or fists, but with words, and actions.

Do you get what I'm saying?

You are so much better than what you're dealing with. You can change the future. If you can't change it now, if people continue to ignore your cries for help (and trust me, if I could make a difference I would, but I'm not even in the same country as you), then you change your future by being better than what you lived through. You change it with you.

You want a better world? You can make your world better. How? By being the best you you can be.

If your parents refuse to take you to the doctor, go to the ER by yourself. They'll have to pay the bill. If they beat you because of it, then go back to the ER, tell them that you were beaten. The cops will get involved. Keep reporting, keep fighting to be heard. If you're silent about it because no one listens, then no one ever will.

Now get to bed! It's late, and you're a child, and you're not feeling well. It's way past your bedtime, and I'm going to go all "mom" on you. Bed. We can talk again tomorrow. Okay?

Oct 7, 2012, 10:18 PM
    LoL (I'm going to go all mom on you) that mad me laugh and sometimes I just can't sleep, but I have to get to bed I got to wake up at 6:00AM tomorrow for school also what country do you live in. I live in USA in Pennsylvania it is 1:18AM
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 10:34 PM
    LoL (I'm going to go all mom on you) that mad me laugh and sometimes I just can't sleep, but I have to get to bed I got to wake up at 6:00AM tommorow for school also what country do you live in. I live in USA in Pennsylvania it is 1:18AM
    I'm in Canada, it's 11:30pm right now.

Well, I am a mom, and I have a 14 year old son, who right now is playing games because he has no school tomorrow. It's Thanksgiving in Canada, and he had a 4 day weekend, so he gets to stay up late. But, I just informed him that it's time for bed. I'm very good at going "all mom". :)

We'll talk tomorrow kiddo. Get some sleep, do the pillow thing, it will help. I'll be thinking and worrying about you, but I'll be here tomorrow if you need to talk. Until then, sleep! It's a mom order. :)

Night kiddo.

Oct 8, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Im am still having all the same problems I need to go to doctor, do you want me to go up to my dad and say make me a doctors appointment

Oct 8, 2012, 04:50 AM
    I tried to tell my dad to take me to the doctor and he said no its acid and mucus and I said its my throat then he said I am a hyper contriact this ia really getting on my nerves what do I do now and I got to go to school soon
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Oct 8, 2012, 05:32 AM
    When you go to school go see your school nurse or talk to your teacher

Oct 8, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Alrighty I am home from school and I went to the nurse and she said it feels fine and that it is probably swelled up inside/bruised and that if I went to the doctors they would not do nothing except to take it easy and ice it and drink warm honey tea. They also told me not to worry about it or it will feel much worse. SO I guess I will be fine they said if it still messed up by the near end of the week they will call my dad demanding that he must make me a doctors appoinment
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Hello Grant! I am late to the game here... but I read everything and I am glad that you went to your nurse today. If things do progress, then go see your family doctor. Or even urgent care.

This does concern me that your parents don't take this more seriously.

We are here if you need us. Try not to panic. The nurse seems to think you are all right, and that's a step un the right direction. Keep yourself busy and try not to think so much about it.

Oct 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
    I know it gets me mad my parents don't take me seriously. The teacher at my school said your throat esophagus is made of muscles and about 2 inches wide and when you hit it and keep using it by swallowing so it tries to protect itself by swelling up at least that is why I think food get stuck when I swallow. Would you agree and when I complete ignore it it feels much better but when I do think about it feels like my throat is swelling all up and I am not breathing that good and then having like a panic attack just the thought of me dying which will not happen but I worry about it cause its my throat you understand and get me and what are your thoughts

Oct 8, 2012, 04:27 PM
    So on this update about me what do you think I should do now and it feels like my head gets worst at night and I can't breathe as good or because I am worrying what should I do
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 04:54 PM
    So on this update about me what do you think i should do now and it feels like my head gets worst at night and I can't breathe as good or because I am worrying what should I do
    Honey, I think you are letting this all get to your head. You are having panic attacks which is causing it hard to breathe. I used to suffer from panic attacks, so I know first hand what the symptoms consist of.

If you are that concerned, then I would have your parents take you to the doctor to have a checkup.

Your throat is swollen and hurts because you got hit there. If the nurse had any thought that this is worse than what it is, she would have demanded that you immediately go to a doctor. She didn't though. I believe SHE believes you are fine.

Let me ask you this... how long have you suffered from panic attacks?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Let me ask you this....how long have you suffered from panic attacks?
    In light of this, if I had been treated this way, --

Quote Originally Posted by grant13579
    I have told someone about this before, but it backfired my parents said I was the messed up one and everyone is so blind to see whats going on. You know who I had to talk to when I was younger is my sister who now is so mean to me she is older i remember going in here room at night and us chilling until my dad got mad one night and threw me outside and then let me in because he did not want the police to come so he would just lock me in the basemet with the lights off. The memories of moving getten beaten and seeing so much going on make ne worry prone and deppressed when I see something that reminds me of my childhood
    I'd suffer from panic attacks too.

Oct 8, 2012, 05:36 PM
    I have been raised as like a clean person like and when something happens that is not right with meI kep obsessing over it because I want to make it right and have everything go back to normal, but usually I make it worse it is just the thought that this is my throat this is no joke and even though people say I will be fine its like they are not doctors. I have also beenhaving so much acid for the past week too I don't get it could I be making my mind play this whole trick on me from constantly thinking about it and I have had panic attacks/aniexity attacks when I worry worry worry what do you guys think I should do? Also can worying make you swallow air and get gas and make your stomach hurt and give you acid or what I am so confused.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 05:49 PM
    No your throat injury is no joke, but I do think you are stressing yourself out, and that can make your stomach act up.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 06:01 PM
    can worying make you swallow air and get gas and make your stomach hurt and give you acid or what I am so confused.
    Anxiety and worrying can do strange things to your body. Keep drinking hot tea with honey and avoid milk products. Eat soft foods as much as you can or at least cut up food into small pieces and chew it well before swallowing.

Keep talking to us as one way to reduce your anxiety. Another thing to do is to take ten long, deep, slow breaths through your nose, hold in each one as long as you can, and breathe out slowly through your mouth. Do this whenever you feel anxious or stressed.

There is a technique called creative visualization. Pick out a spot on the wall or use a picture or painting. Sit quietly alone and stare at the spot and imagine yourself in your favorite place in the whole world. Or if you are staring at a picture or painting, put yourself in it. Imagine walking there or doing things there.

When I want to fall asleep at night, I imagine myself in my bachelor's friend's house cleaning. I imagine myself cleaning his bathroom floor and imagine myself cleaning the sink and the toilet and the shower stall. I imagine myself taking away the dirty towels and putting up fresh ones, hanging them nicely on the racks. I imagine myself walking to the kitchen and washing the floor with PineSol and scrubbing out the sink with Comet cleanser. I imagine myself cleaning off his stove top and wiping the front and sides of the stove. I imagine I open the refrigerator door to clean inside, but by that time, I have fallen asleep. :)

Oct 8, 2012, 06:13 PM
    You guys and girls are really nice to me. I feel better now talking to you guys and girls do you think I will be fine and like not die or have serious life threating long lasting throat damage and I know throat problems are not a joke but if I really did go to the doctors all they would do is tell me to do what you guys have been telling me to do. As I said before what really worries me is asll the air and acid whenever I drink eat or swallow. Can your stomach hurt from a lot of mucus and is it possible it could make you swallow gas and have acid. Because this mucus in my throat is constantly there and won't go away it is annoying and makes me worry and when I worry I feel light headed and feel terrible inside like I am falling apart but you guys have felt like this before so I feel good when I can talk to you and not feel trapped like I have no one to talk to and I am dying
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 06:15 PM
    You guys and girls are really nice to me. I feel better now talking to you guys and girls do you think I will be fine and like not die or have serious life threating long lasting throat damage and I know throat problems are not a joke but if I really did go to the doctors all they would do is tell me to do what you guys have been telling me to do. As I said before what really worries me is asll the air and acid whenever I drink eat or swallow. Can your stomach hurt from a lot of mucus and is it possible it could make you swallow gas and have acid. Because this mucus in my throat is constanly there and wont go away it is annoying and makes me worry and when I worry i feel light headed and feel terrible inside like I am falling apart but you guys have felt like this before so I feel good when I can talk to you and not feel trapped like I have no one to talk to and I am dieing
    1. You won't die from this.
    2. It will get better on its own, but it will take time. We are here to be with you.
    3. I will do some research and talk with my doctor to find more ways to help you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Do you see any swelling or bruising on the outside?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Got hit in the throat [ 2 Answers ]

Q : Got hit in the throat playing basketball my right side of my throat is a Lil soreness but OK is it something to worry about

Lump in my throat [ 1 Answers ]

So on the right side of my throat if I fell it there is a lump maybe the size of a quarter. You cannot see it. Its been there for awhile, maybe a month or two. And the past weeek I've notice I feel like I have to clear my throat a lot or cough? I'm making a doctors apt but what could this be? Its...

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it [ 4 Answers ]

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it but she told me she did

Ears and throat [ 1 Answers ]

Itchy ears and throat

View more questions Search