Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r_strick9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Father Seeking DNA of Adult Child
    In Texas, can a man sue an adult child for a paternity test to determine if he is the father. The mother signed a court document stating that she never had sex with the man, which is not true. A different man,The father that was on the birth certificate gave up his rights and the child was adopted by the woman's now husband. The woman states in public that this man is the father... but then signed the ridiculous document. This man just wants to know if he is the father.. He asked the mother for paternity test thorughout the child's life. Is there any legal action the man can take.
    Thank You,
    r_strick9
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
    No, at this point there is no grounds for it. You can just ask the adult "child" who may want to know.

He needed to have not asked but sued in court when the "child" was still a real child. Go talk to the person and explain it to them, I just can't believe anyone would not want to know.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Probably not, at least not without the child's consent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Dna test says I am not the father [ 3 Answers ]

I met a girl 10 months ago, a few weeks after we met she tells me she is pregnant. I was not overjoyed but resigned myself to becoming a Dad. Bought all the baby cloths cots, buggy, car chairs etc. Baby was born on 10/11/06, she moved out 1 week later with all the stuff I bought, not tells me she...

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search