Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manar671111111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Algebra Problem
    1) A car skids for 130 ft. and hits a pedestrian. The car continues to skid another 90 ft. after the collision before coming to a stop. The drag on the car due to the skidding resulted in a negative acceleration of 0.85g (g = 32.2 ft/s2). The pedestrian walked from the pavement edge northbound a distance of 14 ft. and was then struck by the car. The pedestrian’s walking velocity was 4 ft/s.

a) What was the initial velocity of the car?
    b) What was the vehicle’s velocity when the pedestrian was struck?
    c) If it took 3.5 s. for the pedestrian to walk from the pavement to where the pedestrian was hit, how far was the car from the pedestrian when the pedestrian first stepped onto the pavement?

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra Problem [ 1 Answers ]

The area of rectangle ABCD is 108 Square inches, what is the length in inches of a side of a square S? I tried to copy and paste a copy of the picture included in the problem but it won't let me. I hope someone can help.

The area of rectangle ABCD is 108 Square inches, what is the length in inches of a side of a square S?

Algebra 2 problem. [ 1 Answers ]

It took 7 1/4 gallons of gas tofill the tank of the family car. This is 3/4 of the amount the tank can hold. How much gas does the tank hold?

I need help with an algebra problem [ 33 Answers ]

(-4)(-3) ÷ 6 - 2 I need help with this problem. Thanks

what is the solution set for l2x-5l= 7 for x?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.