Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smarttexas88 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Pregnancy questions
    I had unprotected sex on Sep.21,2012 (2 days after I was done ovulating) and took plan be right after. One week later, Sep. 28, I had unprotected sex and took plan b 2-3 days after. I was supposed to get my period on Sep.2 but I haven't and today is Sep. 6. I am 17 years old and need HELP. Could it just be the plan be missing with my body?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 02:02 AM
    Plan B is not for regular use and using it often can have serious side effects.
    One side effect of just one pill is that you may miss your next period. I would be much more worried about the longer term side effect of excessive use of Plan B.

Of course Plan B is not 100 percent effect, esp if taken 2 or 3 days latter, it has lost over 1/2 of its effect by the 2nd day.

So you also could very easily be pregnant, You will have to wait for a few more weeks and try a pregnancy test
    JennaC Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2012, 03:14 AM
    Okay - Fr_Chuck answered this mostly already so I'll just get down to what I'm wondering here - why do you keep having unprotected sex? If you're so worried about getting pregnant, use condoms or get on the birth control pill! Plan B is for emergencies only, not for regular use.

I'm sorry if I sound preachy, but your approach to this whole situation is seriously lacking logic. If you want to have sex, be adult about it and get proper protection so you're not worried about pregnancy as much.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2012, 04:31 AM
    As noted, Plan B is an emergency measure not to be substituted for regular forms of contraception. ANY time you have penile insertion you risk pregnancy. While you can reduce the risk you can't eliminate it.

You said you were due Sept 2 and today is Sep6 but today is OCTOBER 6. So did you just get your months mixed up? In any case you need to wait until about 2 weeks after you miss your period and then you can take a pregnancy test. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

But I have to echo what Jenna said. NO one should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are preapred to have a child. The tme to ask for help is BEFORE you engage in risky behavior.

Oct 6, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    As noted, Plan B is an emergency measure not to be substituted for regular forms of contraception. ANY time you have penile insertion you risk pregnancy. While you can reduce the risk you can't eliminate it.

You said you were due Sept 2 and today is Sep6 but today is OCTOBER 6. So did you just get your months mixed up? In any case you need to wait until about 2 weeks after you miss your period and then you can take a pregnancy test. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

But I have to echo what Jenna said. NO one should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are preapred to have a child. The tme to ask for help is BEFORE you engage in risky behavior.
    To piggy-back on what Scott said, I'm assuming you're from Texas due to your name? Since you are 17, you can get free birth control from Planned Parenthood (anyone under 18 can). I don't know about Texas' state laws and their funding to planned parenthood, but I'm originally from Pennsylvania, it's a pretty conservative state, and I still was able to get free birth control pills, a pap smear, and condoms before I turned 18. They usually ask for a donation of some type so you can give them 10 bucks or something like that.

Oct 6, 2012, 02:16 PM
    I did get the month mix up. I was supposed to start on October 2.
    And I am from Texas. It was a BIG mistake. I have only had sex twice my whole life and not planning on doing it until after marriage.

Oct 6, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smarttexas88 View Post
    I did get the month mix up. I was supposed to start on October 2.
    And i am from Texas. It was a BIG mistake. I have only had sex twice my whole life and not planning on doing it until after marriage.
    Well that's smart enough I suppose. No one will judge you on here if you decide to become sexually active outside of marriage - just be smart about it and use protection so you won't end up with an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy.

Oct 6, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Thanks guys. I just started my period, I believe. Thank God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Keep us updated,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy questions [ 1 Answers ]

My Girlfriend and I got a little carried away... neither of us think I went inside of her, if I did it wasn't much. I did not ejaculate at all. Is there a chance she can be pregnant?

hi my name is sarah and I am 4 weeks pregnant... after my periods I had sex with my husband and it was fully unsafe sex and 2 days after that I took 2 levonorgestril pill 0.75mg (sorry for spellimg mistake) and after 3 days of that I had sex with my x boyfriend and he used condom... now I am so...

Questions about pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi doctor this is shweta, I did my icsi, 4 embryos were transferred out of which 2 were of grade 1 and 2 of grade 2 on 1st October, my beta hcg has come negative. I still get cramps in my lower abdomen, veins of my breast have darken. Can you suggest me what has happened and what should I do?

Pregnancy questions [ 3 Answers ]

My cycles are usually on the spot.. they are on the 28th of each month.. The last one that I has started on February 28th this year.. I took 2 or 3 home pregnancy tests and they were negative. I have some of the signs of being pregnant though. Could I be pregnant or not?

Hi my partner had her first pregnancy scan yesterdayand we were informed she was 13wks and 2 day pregnant which would make conception around 20 dec but we hadn't had intercoarse until 3rd jan can you give us advise

View more questions Search