Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay1028 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
    I hope the dial stiffness / trickiness is not a sign that gas valve is going bad. The house is in California SF bay and we hardly need the heat here and would hate to spend big money to change out unit ( as the gas valve is no longer available)
    chuq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Like I said mine was initially sticky as well, but it has loosened up since I started using it. I wish you the best of luck. These heaters I believe are 20+ years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Sears 600 pilot free wall furnace, model # 867 734680 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears 600 pilot free wall furnace, model # 867 734680. I do not know it's age. This winter, when using the heat, the fan would occasionally not function. Unit would get hot, but no fan to blow the air. This summer, the fan was working OK to circulate the air, until recently. Now when...

Sears gas wall heater MODEL 867? [ 4 Answers ]

I need the operating instructions and repair or service manual for a Sears wall heater model number 867.734731 which was working well until it stopped and I cannot relight the pilot. This is a 21000 BTU max unit.

I have a sears roebuck heater model #867-6004 [ 5 Answers ]

My heater turns on and stay on for like 10mins, I found I have a leak inside There are thre small areas that leak onto the flames and it make it turn off. My question is there a sealent I can use to fix it?

Where is the pilot light located on the sears 600 gas wall heater? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't find where the pilot light is on the 600 series sears wall hearter

Old Sears 600 wall furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a replacement part for a White Rodgers M#3669-type 837, is there one?

View more questions Search