Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigcowboy1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
    What happens on my credit report after a chapter 13?
    WOW. You are so smart about all this. I have a different question for you. I have got my back against the wall due to having a debt from Chase go to arbitration and me losing the arbitration (surprise, surprise). Anyway, I was served papers and based on that and all the other debt I have that has been charged off and is on the junk debt buyers merry go round, I have filed Chapter 13 bankuptcy. I got a notice that my credit report has changed, and it is my old friend, LVNV funding. Originally, they had reported to equifax that they were the original creditor on a Meijer charge that was charged off. I disputed it, it was changed to a collection on my credit report and now, they just have done the same thing on my experian and my Trans Union credit report. I have had it with them. My bankuptcy gets signed on Wed. After it's filed and all, what happens to all these different junk debt buyers, and charge offs on my report? No one has told me that.

Also, my fiancée requested his annual free credit report and he had to send in for it with proof of address. When the experian one came, I could not believe it. It had 3 social security numbers on it, a wrong birthday, about 20 different variations of his name, about 50 different addresses he may have lived at, and too many to mention on the charge offs and delinquent debt. I don't know where to start with this one to clean it up. I did find out that Experian sells these kinds of reports to debt buyers and they run a partial social check or name check. Why is all this on his report? That's crazy. I know we have to dispute it, but that will take a LONG time. He recently received collection notices of which we challenged on and they admitted they had the wrong person. He has gotten calls also recently from debt collectors. I'm really tired of the credit reporting agencies and the junk debt buyers and we're ready to sue the whole lot of them. Any advice?

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit Report [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldn't be there.. What steps do I take to rid this problem?

Length of time Chapter 7 remains on Credit Report [ 1 Answers ]

At one time CHapter 7 only remained on your credit report for 7 years instead of ten. If filed my Chapter 7 prior to the change in the length of time am I under the ten years or the seven years. My Chapter 7 was discharged in January of 2000. If I am right what can I do? Sincerely, Everett...

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.