Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 10, 2007, 02:13 PM
    How to tell you mum she's going to be a Nan!
    OK so I'm 19 recently found out I'm pregnant and my mum hates my partner. So how do I tell her I'm pregnant? Also I know there is no way I can live here once the baby arrives and my partner isn't working at the moment. What options do we have on where we can bring up our child in a happy and safe environment.?
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey19
    ok so im 19 recently found out im pregnant and my mum hates my partner. So how do i tell her im pregnant? Also i know there is no way i can live here once the baby arrives and my partner isnt working at the moment. What options do we have on where we can bring up our child in a happy and safe environment.??
    Hi, I was almost 19 when I found out I was pregnant with my son and my mom and dad both hated my partner I was with at the time, he now is no longer in the picture. First off your mom is not going to tell you to get out if there's no where for you to go, it will take a while for her to adjust to the fact that her baby is having a baby but in time she will be fine with the idea, it is very nerve racking telling your parents your pregnant when your not married and so young. But obviously she needs to know. So good luck with everything I hope it all goes okay..

Mar 11, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Thank you its I'm so scared. Do u still live at home? How far gone were u?
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2007, 12:45 AM
    I know its super scary. I do still live at home and I was almost 4 months along when I finally got the courage to tell my parents. But I do suggest to you to search all your avanues before you talk with your parents like sit and talk about everything with your partner because being a young single mom is not easy, so make sure you do your research and be sure of what you are doing before you sit and talk with your parents so that they don't ask you questions you don't have an answer too. I wish you all the best and if you need any more help please feel free to email me at

Mar 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Thank yo I have added you mine is
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Well you are not going to "hide" it from her, so be honest, You are and have to act as a adult, not a child yourself, Part of being an adult is being responsible for your choices you make.

You choice to do those things that ended up with this, so now do the adult thing and be honest with your mom.

* and often you will be surprised to find out she may already suspect, moms are good at that.

So your partner needs to get a job, most places need a dish washer, a fry cook or something. A job is better than no job, then they can get a better job.

Mar 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
    OK so she went crazy! Ive told her she says that me and her are finished and she wants me to get rid of the baby. Im not getting rid of my child. What do I do now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Giver her time to come around, it was a shock I guess,

But try to talk to her again in about a week,
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 13, 2007, 04:07 AM
    I am so sorry it has come to this for you. Stand your ground and tell her you WILL NOT get rid of your baby and will find somewhere else to live as soon as you can. When she sees you aren't giving in to her demands and she calms down, she may change her mind. Why not ask her if she really would wants you to kill her grandchild (I can't see any mother wanting that). Ask her if she considered gettting rid of you and how she would have felt if her mother had told her to just that. Talk in a calm adult way. Explain you are just trying to understand how she can think like that. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How should I tell my mum? [ 11 Answers ]

OK this is the story... briefly I like a guy We have been getting to know each other for about 8 months (just talking in work, texting, myspace, msn... nothing more) I have decided after a hell of a lot of thought I want to take it further and I know he does too In the past I've said no, as I...

Miss my mum [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I lost my mum in November after her being ill for a long time... I never thought I could lose her, and although she is now in peace I miss her so much and can't help thinking about what if? I spent a long painful two and a half weeks in hospital with her, until she just died... I was...

My nan has just passed away and I keep smelling fresh coffee [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My nan has just died (on thursday) and I keep getting strong smells of fresh coffee not all the time just every now and again moving past me when I'm sat on my sofa I wsa wondering whether it was something or nothing :confused:

Just can't accept I have lost my nan [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have always been really really close to my grandparents, I saw then nearly everyday and lived with them for over a year. Last year I went to mallorca to work and I had only been there a month and my grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 weeks. I went home...

My mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum is taking over my child she thinks because she looks after him I'm not aloud to do things with him she said I have to ask to do stuff and take him out all the time the social knows my mum looks after my child because of my depression what I have had since I gave birth to my son what rights...

View more questions Search