Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajitkp70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 12:25 PM
    how to identify a month in a worksheet and match it with a month on another worksheet
    I want to put in a value in a cell by identifying only the month from a given date on one excel worksheet and match it with only a month from a given date on another excel worksheet
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 4, 2012, 01:05 PM
    The function month(A1) returns the month of a date in cell A1, as a number 1 through 12. So if the cell A1 has the date Feb 3 2009, then month(A1) returns the number 2.

If you want to match data between separate worksheets you need to prepend the worksheet name. So month(sheet1!A1) returns the month of the date contaned in cell A1 of worksheet "sheet1."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month to month lease amended from 6 month to 12 month is it still a month to month [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original month to month lease set for 6 months At the end of the 6 months, an amendment page was added that reads for this is a 1 year lease Is this still a month to month lease?

Adjusted trial balance worksheet.. Doesn't match [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have looked this over and over and I can't see what I did that the last 2 columns do not add up.I had to account for an owner investment of 7,000 and the fact that the company is required to make 7,500 payment on long terms notes due the following year. If anyone can spot my error that...

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Completing a worksheet.doesn't match up? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I know I have something wrong here but I cannot seem to figure it out? Any help is greatly appreciated... this is for my acctg I homework. Thanks!

View more questions Search