Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judge_Dredd12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 04:49 PM
    If my sis in law gives up her son does she still pay her child support? If so for how
    If my sis in law gives up rights to her mom for her son and gives her son to her does she still pay child support if so how long does she pay it for?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
    She pays it until the child reaches the age of majority based on the state you live in. Was the child adopted by the grandparent or was it just guardianship ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2012, 05:22 PM
    What makes you think she can give up her rights? There is this myth that a parent can sign over their rights, but its just a myth. The only way she can get out of paying support is if someone adopts the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 06:24 PM
    First it is almost impossible to give up your rights, this would mean that the mom is going to adopt the child, Merely raising the child, or being given guardianship, the person will pay support and do so, till the child is 18 or 21 years of age.

If the mother is going to adopt the child, the bio father also has to agree to the adoption, and the court will have to allow it also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under nh law do I have to still pay child support when my minor daughter has a child [ 7 Answers ]

Under nh law do I still have to pay child support to my minor daughter when she herself had a baby

Do I have to pay child support in order to see my son? [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 year old son's mother has a drug problem. Several times in the past she has taken my son and disappeared for months at a time. Last summer she apologized and told me that she wasn't on drugs anymore. She asked me to give her another chance at a relationship. I took her back because I loved her...

Do I still need to pay child support if my son is already 22 years old? [ 3 Answers ]

Do I still have to continued paying child support, the ages of my son's are 22 years, 23 years and 25 years , every week I send out my money order. Know I apply for the US passport and it has been denied, because know the child support is stating I owed the mother of my son's money. The case was...

I want to see my son and pay child support! [ 4 Answers ]

My son mother moved to Las Vegas when he was 3 years old at this time me and her was together living in the same house and every thing . She went down to the walfare office and told them she did not know were I was but at the time I was right there with her and my son. Now 13 years later since we...

Father of son doesn't have to pay child support [ 1 Answers ]

He is married for the third time and having his fifth child. His first three children he hasn't seen since 2001 or paid child support for them. They live in another state. I have one child that is now foru by the man. He owns his own business and claims he makes less than minimum wage and...

View more questions Search