Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hurtnconfused Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Moving situation with my kitty... Not sure what to do.
    SO and I moved to a new home a month ago. Before this, we lived with his sister, she was renting a room and she had 5 other cats that my cat absolutely loved, plus my cat roamed outdoors with the others and hunted, played... She was very comfortable and happy.

Since moving, she is finally adjusting to the new home although when people visit she does get scared and sometimes she hides in the closet. She just doesn't seem like she's 100% happy because she doesn't have the other cats to play with and she's kept indoors now. I see her staring outside and it breaks my heart because I know she's bored and lonely now.

Thing is, I DO NOT want to be without her, she means the world to me. SOs sis said we can bring her back to the other house, which is just across the street pretty much so I can visit if I want but of course not too often and the thought of my kitty not sleeping next to me anymore makes me sad.

Now that I've given it some time, I'm wondering what you all think I should do. I want her to be happy but I can't imagine being without her :(

Should I just take her back there to be with her kitty friends? Or maybe just take her there for "play dates"? Will the transport back and forth be too stressful for her? Suggestions/ advice please. Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Just because she stares out of the window doesn't mean she is lonely. Give her some empty cardboard boxes to climb around in (cut big holes in the sides), buy her an organic catnip toy, and maybe... maybe... go to the shelter to find her a cat companion (if you have room). Of course, that means a get-acquainted period... and they might end up hating each other.

Taking her for play dates shouldn't stress her. Make it a pleasant cat-carrier experience by giving her her favorite cat treat once she is inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitty BJ? [ 10 Answers ]

This is going to sound weird, it does to me anyway. My kitten is giving my two dogs BJ's. I know it sounds dumb but essentially that's exactly what's going on. Now, I believe she is trying to milk (because she is just a kitten) but my dogs allow it it. (two Yorkies) Is this normal and how...

Moving Shower Drain: A tricky situation [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in the process of moving my shower drain in my basement. I have lifted my cement slab to expose the (lead) drain pipe. After the p-trap, the shower drain connects to a junction. My problem is this: in order to move the drain to the spot where I need it, I am going to have to 1) move the...

Help with kitty [ 10 Answers ]

I need some help. My cat has been missing since 8/12. I have posted about 70 LOST signs in the neighborhood, and printed 50 more today that I will put up tomorrow. I have gone to the shelter and looked there. I have searched online on found cat sites. I have posted online lost cat. I put an ad out...

View more questions Search