Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Passionflower65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Can I sue the bail bonds to decrease bail
    I was told I had to pay ten percent of my sons bail to bail him out of jail. I paid 2000 and 200 monthly. We went to court, the judge said it was an error, the bail should have been 4000, not 8600. The court order was given to bailbonds, the refused to change it. Can I sue them , what can I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2012, 04:09 PM
    How much total did you pay?
    Who delivered the change order to the bondsman? They aren't going to believe a piece of paper you hold; they need it from the court directly.
    Has the court refunded the bondsman any money yet? You aren't going to get any refund unless they do.
    What exactly has the bondsman said about the difference, other than just refusing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Why would you sue the bail bondsman? They are just enforcing the amount of bail the coirt ordered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Yes of course you can sue them, they can then just revolk the bond. And put him back into jail.

The bondsmen allows him to be free until there is a reason they believe he is a risk

I don't know why you paid 2000 and 200 a month ?

If the bond was 8600, then you only pay a bondsmen 860 dollars ?

Or was the bail 86,000 dollars and you were to pay 8600 to bondsmen.

But you signed a written contract with the bondsment to pay a bond to the court. The bondsmen paid the bond ( or gave them a certificate) So at one point and time, the court had a order for a higher bond. If the court later reduces that amount, if he was already bonded out at higher bond, no there is no refund, This was a court mistake, not the bondsmen error

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to sue a bondsman to get your bail money back? [ 9 Answers ]

We have called monthly since the case has closed and they give us run around. Filed a better business bureau complaint which was denied because they can't make complaints towards this company. We've ordered the exoneration paperwork and have given to the bondsman as well. We continue to call but...

Bail [ 3 Answers ]

If bail is set at 35,000 I know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case? I'm being told there is a bailbonds that will take 1,500 instead of 3,500 and I find that hard to believe. This info did not come from bondsmen as case is in Ohio and I live in Maryland.

Setting Bail [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was just arrested Friday night on check fraud, she still hasn't been in front of a judge, due to the weekend, to have a bail amount set. Is there a time limit on how long she's going to be held before she gets a bail hearing? I live in NJ

Return of Bail Bonds [ 2 Answers ]

What recourse do you have if a bail bonds company will not return your money that you posted for a bail?

View more questions Search