Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JIVCO Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Fmla
    I was on approved FMLA from his employer and before my time frame was up, they (the employer) called me 7 days before I was due to return to work and fired me. Also, during this time frame I had filed a complaint against the employer for discrimmation with the DOL/EEOC. I now feel that the firing was retailation because of my complaints. What can I do now.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 02:41 PM
    First step is hire a lawyer... seriously, this is not a do-it-yourself thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Hire an attorney and sue them.

And why or how did they discriminate against you while on leave. Why did you not wait till you went back to work to file ?

What was the reason given for firing you ? It is common to be fired the day you returned to work, but not during. I don't think they can fire you on the leave.

Oct 4, 2012, 07:20 AM
    I have tired but it seems every lawyer in SC is telling me I have nothing for them (the attorneys) to sue because there is no money in it for them. Any suggestions.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2012, 07:39 AM
    And the EEOC has told you this themselves that you don't have a case?

Oct 4, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Not yet, that complaint is still in the works. It just seems that all the attorneys I have talked too is not interested unless they know they can get $$$$$$ for themselves. Know any good attorneys in South Carolina
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Sorry, I don't know ANYONE in SC at all, much less a lawyer. Here in the DC area getting a lawyer on contengecy basis is easy if they think they have a case...

Oct 4, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Well here all they want is money upfront. Do you think going to a lawyer referral services might be able to help.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2012, 10:55 AM
    It couldn't hurt... in fact based on the places you did calls answers, I think it's a great idea.

Oct 4, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Thanks, I am now waiting on the DOL wage and hour office to call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-FMLA Time Off [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and in December I submitted a request for 1 week vacation time to be taken in March (as I was getting married) and the time off request was approved. In February I ended up having an elective surgery procedure and I used all of my vacation and sick time. I was willing to take...

Can you get terminated while on fmla [ 0 Answers ]

I have only been on FMLA for 30 days. I hardly use the time given. I have been written up on a Final and got a reissued final for Code of Conduct. In 30 days the medicine they put me on to level me out.. needs to be adjusted I believe. But in the interim, they stated I was rude to a customer. ...

FMLA Do I qualify? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All! My daughter has to have surgery and I'm out of Sick and Vacation time and she needs care for 2 weeks! Do I qualify for FMLA. I have had the same job for over 2 years and I'm full-time. Thanks! Sara-Lynn

FMLA and Unemployment [ 1 Answers ]

I think whom eer answered my Q misunderstood. I have reached MMI and released back to full duty. Went back to doctor who said I still have a limitation of no kneeling. I can work except I can't do it in the allotted time. Now employer basically told me I was released as of now on FMLA. I don't want...

FMLA and Unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

My Q is I have been released from workers comp. Reached MMi on 12/22/2008. At that time no limitations applied. But being docotor didn't put down no kneeling I had a problem at work. I had arthroscopic knee surgery and chondroplasty. Painful to kneel. My employer called workers comp and set up...

View more questions Search