Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tobyjmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 07:29 AM
    We inherited money and property
    Hi, we have just been left money and a property in my husbands sisters will it is in scotland it has been 6 months could you please tell us if we get the money before the house is sold the same firm will be dealing with the sale of the house.
    Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Nobody here will know this information... you need to contact the people directly involved with this.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
    You get the money after the house is sold. No one can give you money before, they don't know what it will sell for.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 09:13 AM
    My mother-in-law just died on the 1st. She had put everything into a trust that included money plus a house to be sold. The money will be distributed to the heirs soon, and after the house is sold (probably next year), that money will then be distributed to the heirs.

Check with the lawyers involved in the estate as to how your situation will play out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying back property taxes on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

My mother inherited my grandmothers property when she passed. My mother then gave me the property. Well my grandma had't paid property taxes for 10 years some kind of a waiver she got. Well now they want me to pay them. Do I have to do this? It doesn't seem fair. The state of CA has sent me a...

What taxes on inherited property at $17,000 value. Eight of us inherited it in Ga. [ 9 Answers ]

My Mom passed away and left her home and land to 8 of us. We sold it to one sister for the value of $ 17,000. Our Lawyer was of no help to us. What kind of taxes are we responsible for? This is in Georgia. Our Dad passed away in 2006. Mom passed in Aug. of 2009.

Is it legal to marry only to get money from your inherited trust fund money [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal to marry some one and get paid for it So that the person can get there inherited money That they were only supposed to get when they get married. The money is in a trust fund and can't be used until this person gets married

Who pays back property taxes in inherited property [ 5 Answers ]

I inherited 51 acres in West Virginia from my father who has died in March of last year. It is being transferred to me on Friday. The 2008 property taxes have not been paid. The will is going through Probate Court in Georgia now. Should the estate of my father pay the back taxes as the will is...

View more questions Search