Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joelieboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Refuse to accept payment
    I don't have any health insurance. I went to the hospital and now I have a bill. I called them to set up a payment plan of five dollars a month, cause I currently don't have a job, and they said it has to be a minimun of twenty dollars or they won't accept it. My question is, by not accepting any money for the debt, does that cancel the debt all together? And do I need written documentation of their refusal?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Yes, I would keep the written documentation of their refusal to accept any partial payment. Did you ever check out to see if your hospital has a "charity case" fund? That fund is used for people who do not have insurance and/or a job. Also see if your hospital is under the Hill-Burton Act. Some hospitals are no longer under that Act, but some still are.

HHS - Fact Sheet: YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE COMMUNITY SERVICE ASSURANCE PROVISION OF THE HILL-BURTON ACT <meta name="keywords" content=" burton, hill, facility, creed, service, residing, origin, rights, race, obligation"/>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I accept money not that's not mine? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if I am in big trouble with US LAW or not. Last year in May, My chat friend said she chatted with this new person and he said he needs help wiring the millions of dollars his Egypt bank found after a famous CANADIAN couple died in AFRICA 3 years ago, or else the bank would take...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Just can't accept I have lost my nan [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have always been really really close to my grandparents, I saw then nearly everyday and lived with them for over a year. Last year I went to mallorca to work and I had only been there a month and my grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 weeks. I went home...

Landlord/Tenant PA Refusel to accept payment/harrassment [ 1 Answers ]

We are having a few issues. Landlord filed eviction papers with the courts. It states Possestion granted IF money judgement is NOT satisfied by time of eviction. I know that means if we pay by that date, we can stay. I was told PA is you pay you stay. Well can the landlord refuse to...

Collection refuse payment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Nebraska and was wondering what is the law when a collection agency refuses payments. I only received a few notices on this 1 account which was $315.00. I was going to college and just took some time off to work to get catch up. I just received my first check and sent them a $50.00 money...

View more questions Search