Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclebobtx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Model 58ZAV
    How can I get the LED codes for the Carrier 58ZAV? I don't have the manual. The unit won't run and is flashing a 2-4 code.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 10, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebobtx
    How can I get the LED codes for the Carrier 58ZAV? I don't have the manual. The unit won't run and is flashing a 2-4 code.

Code 24 might be a open fuse (open secondary), look to the purple 3 amp fuse on the control board, just pull it off and look at the element. Something in the circuit may be causing the fuse to blow and should be looked at . Take caution and do not exceed 3 amps on the replacement fuse,

That's all I got without actually being there
    unclebobtx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juggallojed
    code 24 might be a open fuse (open secondary),, look to the purple 3 amp fuse on the control board, just pull it off and look at the element. something in the circuit may be causing the fuse to blow and should be looked at . take caution and do not exceed 3 amps on the replacement fuse,

thats all i got without actually being there
    Thanks for the help. The fuse was out. I replaced it and the fan came on. However, the fuse went out again as soon as the thermstat called for the compressor to come on.

Any other suggestions??
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 11, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Either the contactor or the control wires are grounded
    zhora07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Heater is not working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Carrier 58ZAV [ 3 Answers ]

I just KNEW this was going to happen one of these days. :eek: I'm a single female homeowner, it's Saturday night, and my male friend who helps me with home maintenance is out on the road. My furnace clicks on, I hear the pilot come on, but before the burners catch the pilot switches OFF...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

Weather maker 8000 R-W [ 1 Answers ]

We have a weather maker 8000. And we have gotten a code 12 from the L.E.D light. The code means R-W closed. My question is what is the R-W and where is it located on the Weather Maker 8000?:confused:

View more questions Search