Ask
    dosman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Can my eldest child contest my will in the uk
    Can my eldest child contest my will?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2012, 09:04 AM
    These are the only persons who can contest a will in the UK, so yes, your eldest son can:

Only the current or previous spouses; any child or person treated as a child; any person who was being maintained immediately before the death of the deceased or who lived in the same household for two years prior to the death can claim.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Anyone with a legal interest can contest a will. The question is whether they will win or not. If you are concerned, get a solicitor to draw up the will and make it airtight. You may even be able to put in a poison pill that states anyone who contests the will gets nothing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Anyone with a legal interest can contest a will. The question is whether they will win or not. If you are concerned, get a solicitor to draw up the will and make it airtight. You may even be able to put in a poison pill that states anyone who contests the will gets nothing.
    This should be a sticky ! I especially like the poison pill comment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A school math contest requires that students complete all 12 problems on the contest [ 3 Answers ]

A school math contest requires that students complete all 12 problems on the contest exam. Each participant receives 5 points for each correctly solved problem and loses 3 points for each incorrect or omitted answer. a. How many problems wer solved correctly by a student who receives a score of...

Adult child to contest a will/trust of a parent [ 2 Answers ]

Scenario: The adult child was born out of wedlock. Paternity was established through paternity court hearing at a very early age. Child support was awarded. Father sent a few monthly child support and stopped. With the help of AFDC, mother was able to collect child support before the adult...

Can the adopting parent of a child contest an adoption? [ 9 Answers ]

Can the adopting parent of a child contest an adoption? The birth father signed over all of his rights to the child and when the mother left the step father she moved in with biological father. This to me is fraud. Can someone please help me with some facts and guidance.

Why does my Eldest Daughter hate me so much [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Marlene. I have 4 daughters. My Eldest daughter really hates me. When I send her an email that has been forwarded on from me she writes back saying : are you dumb don't sene me any emails. It hurts I love her so much yet she hates me. IS there anybody that can give me some advise how I...

View more questions Search