Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    messy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Hard drive not showing up. Has data on it
    Can Anyone help, my computers just come back from the shop, they put in a new power supply, I get home and my second hard drive isn't showing up, it shows up in device manager but not my computer. Please help
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
    If you can see it in device manager, with no yellow ! Marks, then Windows is recognizing it correctly.

Go to disk management by typing at the "run" prompt: diskmgmt.msc.

This will show the available drives and the current letters assigned to it, and their status.

What does it say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Hard drive is not showing up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help really bad I've connected my ide cables the cd rom registers but the hard drive won't show up the power is on the hard drive powers up but doesn't register please help me I need my computer

Dead Hard Drive: Data Recovery Questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 that is less than a year old. Last week I got the error "Unmountable Boot Volume" and after calling Dell tech support I was told my hard drive was dead. A Dell tech came and put a new hard drive in my computer Monday and left the old hard drive with me so I could...

Hard Drive problem - crashed and trying to recover data [ 10 Answers ]

G'day All, I'm having a hard drive problem. My hard drive crashed I've bought a new one have loaded up windows xp pro tried connected my old drive (making a clunking noise) as a slave drive and my computer just hangs at the XP pro openning window and does not advance. If I disconnect the slave win...

Hard Drive not showing up [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I recently unpluged 1 of the IDE cables that was attached to one of my hard drives as I needed to attach my friend hard drive to transfer data from him. I have to do this as I all ready have 3 hard drives installed on my PC + a dvd writer Any way I have just re-attached my hard drive and it...

Hard Drive Data Recovery Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have had an unfortunate incident. I woke up Sunday morning to find my main workstation PC with a blank screens and a cursor on the upper left. Fun. From the blue screen it appears that the boot sector somehow decided to go bad. I'll spare you all the details of the 12 hours I have...

View more questions Search