Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Private Contractor or Consultant
    My son has degrees in Computer Science. I wonder if he needs any kind of license
    Or requirement to be met in the state of Florida. What other certificates would be
    Beneficial.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2012, 01:44 PM
    He needs to check with the town, township, and county for doing business, and state for licensing (in what?).

C+ certification? Call the reference desk at your library to find out possibilities.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 1, 2012, 02:04 PM
    He's missing one really important factor here, experience..
    Paper is all well and good, but if you don't know how to get your hands dirty you're scuppered..
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Thanks a million for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hey friends, Contractor? Consultant? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a guy that I depend on to run a lot of my business. He watches workers and oversees most of my production. He is paid at $38.00 an hour so the money must be claimed.How do I make it so he can simply get paid out by me, without me worrying about insuring him or tax problems? I'm also...

Private Room in Private Home [ 8 Answers ]

I am renting a room and bathroom to a tenant. I have problems with excessing use of the in-home washer and dryer. I have asked tenant to restrict laundry to once a week, but she has not adhered to this. When I leave for work, I turn the power breaker OFF to the Washer and dryer, but she has...

Private contractor for sewer line [ 6 Answers ]

The masonry and underground plumbing line is in on our house but we are NOT hooked up to local SEWER , the closest line is 300 ft away the local JEA gave me a price of 66K to start. Can anyone give me a starting point to contract this out on our own. Basically no obstructions and the slope looks...

Sub-contractor / CONTRACTOR liability [ 1 Answers ]

We Had Flooring Installed In Our Home. The Company Who We Bought The Flooring Promised The Flooring To Be Glued Down. Instead Their Sub-contracted Foreign Installers Drilled Through The Concrete. Water Is Now Shooting Up Through The Holes Like A Fountain. The Company Told Us That The Damage...

View more questions Search