Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdel50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Linking cells; saving font, color, borders, etc. when doing so
    I will use the example of an Excel Workbook that has 3 Worksheets linked together.

Worksheet 1 is like a base that supplies the info to be linked to Worksheet 2. Worksheet 1 has cells that are merged, text colors other than black, boarders, specific column widths and row heights.

Is there any way for all the above mentioned formats in linked cells to carry into Worksheet 2?

I'm familiar with Paste Special but have not had luck with this. The linking disappears.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 11:02 PM
    You cannot use links or formulas to transfer cell formatting characteristics in this way. Sorry.

You can select multiple sheets at once, so you could highlight sheets 1, 2 and 3 and then any formatting or changes you make on one sheet are being applied to all sheets, I use this trick a lot. Just be sure to "ungroup" the sheets when you're done editing this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lock only filled up cells during saving [ 2 Answers ]

I wish to lock the cells in a particular sheet ("CMstr", see attachment) in which user has entered data and balance cells to be remained unlocked. The cells should get locked when the user saves the workbook with a Warning Message (like - to check the data entered is correct/ cells will be...

Font color change [ 3 Answers ]

So I am going between IE 7 and FireFox - Aerofox and all of the sudden I notice that in Google the search button text ,search results text, even what I am typing now is green. I check my Yahoo email and the message text. I type into a Google search box it's green ! I am going nuts, How do I change...

How to count cells with colored font. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm have a spread sheet in Excel that has some cells fonts in red to indicate poor numbers. I want to know how I can count how many cells on the spread sheet have red font. I tried to do a COUNTIF command but I'm not sure if this is will count the colored font data.

Linking cells that can update automatically [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 sheets.Sheet 2 cell E5 has a number 123 I want to link it to sheet 1 A4 but when I get to A5 it must be updated automatically to E5 sheet 2:mad:

View more questions Search