Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diomeris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 09:20 AM
    How can I acknowledge my child if my ex doesn't want to?
    My ex doesn't want me to be in the birth certificate of our child ( 3 months old), but she wants money from me on a weekly basis. Also she doesn't allow me to take the baby home for me to spend timw with him she only wants me to come over her house. What can I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Go to court and have visitation rights legally established and a schedule set... what she can get away with now with the child as an infant she won't be able to very soon as it gets a little older.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Your ex has no choice in the matter if you are the father. As smoothy said, you go to court, establish paternity, have the birth certificate amended, get a reasonable visitation schedule as well as court ordered child support. As the father you have pretty much the same rights as she does, but you will have to go to court to enforce those rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting when the father won't acknowledge the child [ 6 Answers ]

Okay guys, My son's biological father knows about our child. He was separated from his wife when I got pregnant and decided to work through things with her and deciding to ignore our son. It has been 100% his decision to neglect and ignore this child and has, in fact, stopped speaking to me as...

View more questions Search