Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moviegurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 07:42 AM
    Why does my ex ask if I'm okay? How should I respond?
    About a month ago, my boyfriend told me his feelings for me were "complicated." He was married for 20 years, and his wife cheated on him. He hasn't had a real relationship in the 15 years he's been divorced. He said the idea of a relationship "scares the hell out of me."

He sent me a message two weeks ago, saying he felt bad about the situation and was sorry. I asked him what he was sorry about, and he said he didn't want to change anything; he just felt bad.

Lately, he's been commenting a lot on my Facebook statuses. I've pretty much been ignoring him, and I've been dating someone new, although I still have feelings for him.

Earlier this week, I got a bogus e-mail from his account with what might be a viral link. I sent him a message and told him he needed to change his password. He replied, saying he was sorry. He asked if I was doing OK.

Why does he keep interacting with me? How should I respond? Should I respond?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 1, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Of course you should respond. Can't you be cordial with him?
    moviegurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Yes, I can be cordial, but I still have feelings for him.
    broken_ heart Posts: 201, Reputation: 22

Oct 1, 2012, 11:47 PM
    Give yourself time and your feelings will disappear with time... u said you are dating someone new... try to spend more time with him to know him better... and just don't reply to him as tickle said... it will be the best thing... u will do to yourself...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I respond? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend emailed me after a year and a half of having no contact. We broke up three years ago, but still had some type of contact up until a year and a half ago when he starting dating, and ultimately moved in with someoene. They have since broken up, (about three months now which I have...

Do I respond to my ex? [ 15 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend dumped me abruptly as we were about to move forward with our relationship and went back to her ex. I pretty much started no contact right away and told her she could contact me someday if she got herself together. About two months later, she wrote me stating how sorry she is she...

Do I respond to her? [ 45 Answers ]

Hey all, You've probably heard it all before, just want a little advice. I've been with my girlfriend for about a year and a half now. About 2 months ago, we became long distance (and hour and a half drive). She's been really busy with school, and it's been hard for her to fit time in...

View more questions Search