Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy2x Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
    25 year old daughter who is extremely disrespectful
    Hi I currently live with my 25 year old daughter whom is extremely disrespectful. To the point where I am useless and no worth her time. She refuses to have a conversation with me. I am accused of being prejudice and critical I worry about her. It's hard to hear she wants nothing to do with me, she was my only child as a single mom until she was 20. I had my second child she shows no desire to want to connect with anyone in the house. She is never home does not pick up when I call her insults me when ever she feels like it.
    I am getting tired but I don't want her to leave on bad terms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 11:48 PM
    So what is it you are doing that she says is prejudice and critical . Do you try and give her advice ? * be honest?*

Your idea of perhaps warning her or trying to give advice may be viewed different by her.
    So tell us why she will fell like this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 1, 2012, 02:09 AM
    She is going to have to leave on bad terms if you two are beyond communicating. Is she angry at you about having a baby when she was 20? Is she seeing someone you don't approve of, and she accuses you of prejudice because of him?

In any event, you have to kick her out if you can't get along. You must give 30 days notice, in writing, and evict her if she won't leave then. Maybe she will appreciate the roof over her head then. You don't say what she contributes to rent, if anything.

Oct 1, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So what is it you are doing that she says is prejudice and critical . Do you try and give her advice ? * be honest?*

Your idea of perhaps warning her or trying to give advice may be viewed different by her.
    So tell us why she will fell like this.

Thank you and you are correct I do try to give her advise and she hates me because. I don't hold back no one wants to see there child hurt. She is dating someone and I am not convinced he so great. I don't tell her to leave him. Just to expand her friendship circle. She has no friends. Blames me of course she has a condescending attitude. She is setting herself up for real life lesson. He has no one and I just don't see him as looking after her best interest. I often tell her when someone lives you the look out for you I don't see you reciprocated here

Oct 1, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    She is going to have to leave on bad terms if you two are beyond communicating. Is she angry at you about having a baby when she was 20? Is she seeing someone you don't approve of, and she accuses you of prejudice because of him?

In any event, you have to kick her out if you can't get along. You must give 30 days notice, in writing, and evict her if she won't leave then. Maybe she will appreciate the roof over her head then. You don't say what she contributes to rent, if anything.
    Hi I agree at some point she has to leave. But she is still in school almost done. Quit her job and expresses some sort of entitlement if my son whom is 4 does not pay rent why should she "my daughter". Refuses to help around the house. She wakes up and leaves does not come home until Midnite when I ask her she says its none of my business. I call her to check in make sure she is alive. She is rude and bilge rent. Yes I do not approve of her b/f he has hit her and I reminded her that behavior should never be tolerated. Again not my business. It angers me that he may have lots of influence since she defends him so much.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 1, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Hand her a lease with rent terms for the day she finishes school. Charge her market rates with a deduction for the next month if she does a certain list of household chores and pays her share of food. Tell her she is lucky you didn't start when she turned 18 and you were no longer responsible for her. Tell her you love her but she needs to learn she can't bite the hand that feeds her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disrespectful, lazy 26 year old daughter [ 10 Answers ]

I have a daughter who is 26 years old, single with 1 child and is disrespectful to her parents. She lived with a useless, controlling boyfriend that got her preqnant a couple years ago. We finally got her and her son (our grandson whom we dearly love) to move back in with us. She was going to...

22 Year old Daughter disrespectful [ 22 Answers ]

Just wondered if I'm in the wrong or is she right? I am a widow and have been raising my now 22 year old daughter. She has this boyfriend that is an airline pilot and he really doesn't act like he really cares for her. He didn't txt or emails my daughter for a month or two. She didn't hear...

31 year old daughter living back at home and is disrespectful what to do? [ 15 Answers ]

Threads merged I have a 31 year old daughter who broke up with her abusive boyfriend 6 months ago and is now living at home. She gets on well with my fiancé and makes fun of me to him like "Look at that big hippo" and they both laugh, also makes fun of me in company and they both have a...

Disrespectful Daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Please, anyone out there who can help, I have a 19 year old daughter who is in her first year of college. She has done well, etc. but we have had a turbulant relationship since she was 13. I thought it would be better when she went to college but she just is getting worse about trying to run my...

View more questions Search