Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lin9876 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 07:40 PM
    I need tongue percing info!
    I am thinking about getting my tongue pierced.. I would like to know what could go wrong and how bad it would hurt maybe even how to clean it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 09:10 PM
    What could go wrong? Ruining the enamel on your teeth. Chipping teeth, etc. I hope you have a good dental plan.

Dentists LOVE people with tongue piercings, they make a ton of money on folks with tongue piercings.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
    Your tongue very possibly will get infected, swell up, turn white.

You will no longer be able to speak clearly, so people will be asking you to repeat words.

When you talk, there will probably be clicking sounds as the stud or bar hits teeth and fillings.

Food will get caught around the stud and will be annoying or even cause infection if not removed.

You won't be able to get jobs that involve talking and interacting with the public since you won't be able to speak clearly (especially for older people and foreigners), and people will be turned off by the tongue piercing.

You may not be able to enjoy eating as much, as your taste buds will become numb and you won't be able to chew as well (especially with the broken teeth).
    piercingfacts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Well it really depends on the person how badly your tongue will hurt,
    To clean : get a water bottle and have half water and half origanl mouth wash
    Wash out your mouth after eating don't drink beer and don't eat bread bread has yeast in it and you can end up will a yeast infection on your tongue I suggest you get pills you help with the swelling it will swell for max 2 weeks its going to hurt but it you can push threw it you'll be very happy with your piercing try not too smoke brown or green if you do WASH OUT YOUR MOUTH you do not want your tongue too get infected try and stay with soft food best option :) it will kill trying to eat hard food sometime I hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Infection? /Tounge Piercing Info [ 13 Answers ]

I got my belly button peirced a month ago, and I was washing it well (provon lotion soap), and rinsing with salt water (h2ocean).But recently, A lot of puss has been coming out of it, and around the top my skin kind of sticks to it.. Its not too red though.. Is it infected? Also, for me to...

Tongue web percing questions [ 7 Answers ]

1.my touunge web percing hurts a little and its day 2 is this normal? 2.after 6 weeks can I just use a retainer all the time so my parents don't know Thanks xoxo :)

Belly percing [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I got my belly percied in April 20 something and its still hurts and puss is allways coming out is that normal? And I got like a bump next to my belly percing is that normal?:confused:

Cartilage percing [ 2 Answers ]

Okay. Well I really want to get my cartilage periced but I have only like a month to let it heal because I play basketball. Can I like take it out for a game then put it bac in?

View more questions Search