Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jan Martin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 06:50 PM
    How do I remove black rubber tire stains from a very light oak table top?
    We just moved across the country in the heat of the South. My mover put two black tires on top of my oak table top! How do I get the stain off?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Don't know what the final finish is but mineral spirits CAREFULLY rubbed with 0000 steel wool should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Remove Rubber Stains on Furniture? [ 7 Answers ]

I too have the same problem. My daughter has cream color furniture (brand new) I put an alram clock on it with black rubber on the bottom. Two weeks later I was dusting and found the rubber had left permanent black marks in the furniture. I am heartbroken since this furniture was expensive and new....

Removing rubber stains from furniture [ 4 Answers ]

My daughters furniture is cream colored without a heavy lacquered finish. How can I remove stains left by a black rubber suction cup.

Rubber Stains on Light Oak Furniture [ 8 Answers ]

We have a solid light oak wood end table where the rubber pads on the bottom of the clock radio have left many gray marks which we can't seem to remove. They appear to be imbedded; not on the surface. We have tried - soap and water, clorox bleach and even soft scrub. Any ideas what to use?

Removing rubber pad stains from a finished table [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's furniture is finished with a cream color paint and laquered (?); however, all furntiure that had something sitting on it with rubber pads now has orange-ish stains where the pads were. Any advice on how to remove these stains without removing the finish? Thanks! Here is a link to...

View more questions Search