Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patriciacarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Wheat bugs
    If a dog or human was to eat wheat bugs by take can the bug live in side the dog or human
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Until it gets to the stomach... assuming you didn't chew it up first.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Oct 2, 2012, 11:53 PM
    If you manage to swallow a live wheat bug, it will die in your stomach. It'd be awesome, but very unlikely, for it to chew its way out of your stomach or to survive and breed in your stomach's acid bath or exit down main st, if you know what I mean. Same for your dog. That's just not what wheat bugs do. Are you planning on eating a live wheat bug? Did you eat a live wheat bug? Anyway, I don't think you can really feel stuff in your stomach once it gets past your esophagus. But, let us know if you do try it.

Live or dead insects and insect parts in wheat and wheat products is not uncommon. Zoological parasites of humans are a fascinating and icky science. There are flukes and tapeworms; malaria, botflies, and trichinosis, but these are gotten by eating undercooked meat, unsanitary conditions or getting bit by an insect. Luckily, except for the bacteria and protozoa, the nasty parasites that can infect you when you eat them aren't that common 'round these parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wheat bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I didn't see any bugs while I was cooking, but when I finished I saw one wheat bug. Is my food safe to eat or what?

Whole wheat flour bugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I store my whole wheat flour in Tupperware containers which are airtight, right? Wrong ! I strongly suspect the flour I purchased from a large market was already infested. I am so grossed out about this. The flour was not old. Should I have to freeze all my flour as soon I get home from the...

Bugs in whole wheat flour [ 9 Answers ]

Can you use whole wheat flour when there are bugs in it. Where does the bugs come from

How to get rid of wheat bugs from kitchen cabinets [ 0 Answers ]

How to get rid of wheat bugs in kitchen cabinets. I washed every one of my cabinets, got rid of any dry food with bugs. Thought it was done. They are back.HELP ME PLEASE

How to get rid of wheat bugs [ 8 Answers ]

I am finding small black bugs in my flour and other dry goods e.g. cereal, gravy mixes, pasta. They even get into sealed plastic containers. The bugs are very small, smaller than a rice kernel. I have cleaned and sprayed inside of the cabinets. This has helped but has not completely done the...

View more questions Search