• Obama is a communist

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Who's winning?
    Hello:

Vote as many times as you wish.. You vote will be made public.

excon

PS> (edited) What I MEANT was that you may vote for as many SELECTIONS as you wish. You can't vote multiple times... That would be like dead people voting...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 03:14 AM
    Option 5... too close to call

The contest between them, regardless, is far closer than those prognostications would suggest. Registered voters in this survey, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, divide by 49-44 percent between Obama and Romney, with the race a virtual tie, 49-47 percent, among those most likely to vote.
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-leads-ex...-politics.html
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 06:10 AM
    You don't have the picture Tom
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 06:16 AM
    OK show me the picture? All the polls show within the margin of error ;and the elections are still 6 weeks away . Their 1st of 3 head to head debates is this week ;and the President's foreign policies ;as well as his poor economic performance are now in play. His Clinton bounce from the convention... (paraphrase... "it's ok to vote for Obama because no one could've done better (except me )" ) is just about spent .
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ok show me the picture? All the polls show within the margin of error ;and the elections are still 6 weeks away . Their 1st of 3 head to head debates is this week
    Hello again, tom:

Yes, there's a margin there.. But, every single poll shows Romney LOSING. What he has to do, is convince SOME of the NOW decided voters to SWITCH their votes. That ain't going to be easy. I believe he only has ONE debate to get it done. People are already voting. He can't just do OK.. He has to annihilate the president.. Maybe he can. We'll see.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 07:15 AM
    People are already voting
    ... which is another crazy practice we should cease. Election day is constitutionally mandated . It should be enforced except in the case of legitimate absentee balloting . Nov. 6, roughly a third of voters will have already cast their ballots. What good is an October surprise if a third of the ballots have already been cast ? Events can and do transpire up until election day... some of them potentially game changing .
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 07:24 AM
    .....which is another crazy practice we should cease. Election day is constitutionally mandated .
    Hello again, tom:

As long as we keep the antiquated way we vote, we NEED to do early voting, because we'll be overwhelmed at the polling places... There IS a way we can avoid all that state stuff.. In fact, allowing the states to do it calls for mischief.

We DO seem to be able to handle highly secure transactions online from the privacy of our homes... Seems to me, if we trust online banking, we could trust online voting...

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    We DO seem to be able to handle highly secure transactions online from the privacy of our homes... Seems to me, if we trust online banking, we could trust online voting...

excon
    Except when the Chinese hack into the network responsible for the nuclear football everything's fine. By the way, the polls are tightening with independents moving toward Romney.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Nate is the man I trust.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

As long as we keep the antiquated way we vote, we NEED to do early voting, because we'll be overwhelmed at the polling places... There IS a way we can avoid all that state stuff.. In fact, allowing the states to do it calls for mischief.

excon
    A revolutionary idea Ex on a par with voting machines but why can't you provide more polling places? Surely it isn't difficult to divdide the population by the number of people who can reasonably vote in any polling place and provide enough places. If you were going to vote on line you would definitely have to have voter ID. Online voting might mean more people vote, perish the thought, actually finding the will of the people
    armywife3512 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Obama is nothing but a joke! People need to open there eyes this f-in country needs to be run like a business were 16 trillion dollars in debt and keep borrowing money that we don't even have, It is so easy to get food stamps now its crazy I swear every time I go to the store the person in front of me has an EBT card like come on get of your lazy a$$ and get a f-in job ohh wait Obama has not created nothing but minimum wage jobs that can't support everyone! AND OHH WE Didn't BUILD SHEIT!
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Wonderful rave there. I can agree with part of it the country needs to be run like a business. If you did that you would declare bankruptcy. The question is who creates the jobs, government or business. Business! Those lousey money grubbing business men who sold the country up the creek to China. You want to blame Obama, because you need someone to blame, but seriously he inherited the problem and there is a whole world out there suffering because of those money grubbing businessmen like Romney who love asset stripping and creating unemployment while ripping off people with worthless securities.

There is a way to bring back the jobs, raise tariff barriers and insist on local content, you can do part of this yourself, don't buy foreign made, stay out of Walmart.

Maybe Obama isn't able to do it, but you can bet big tax cuts to business won't do it either, because it isn't about tax, it's about confidence. Tax only works when there is something to tax. You need to send all those illegals home so there are more jobs available even if they are low paid, get the people off the dole queues. Just because you have money doesn't mean others do. 14 million without jobs and you recon they are all lazy. Get a life!
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Rasmussen... Silver used to defend Scott Rasmussen until his bosses at the NY Slimes gave him his marching orders . But just as lib media is critical of Rasmussen ;conservatives are equally critical of polling organizations the libs like.
    You wonder why I generally ignore the polls ? The only time you can trust them is the last week when their reputation for getting it accurate is in play ;then after elections ,they quibble over a couple percentage points one way or the other .
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 04:20 AM
    The only time you think they are accurate is when they favour Romney
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 04:43 AM
    Heh, people actually believe Obama is a communist, such is the ignorance of americans about politics.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 04:51 AM
    I just voted for all the options in the poll.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    the only time you think they are accurate is when they favour Romney
    Then you haven't been paying attention. I am generally critical of ALL polls .Polls get skewed to favor a preconceived result. They are easily manipulated with the questions asked and the methodology used. When the results matter ,they clean up their act to a degree.

If I had access to internal polling I'd have a better idea of how the race is going .
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    A revolutionary idea Ex on a par with voting machines but why can't you provide more polling places? surely it isn't difficult to divdide the population by the number of people who can reasonably vote in any polling place and provide enough places. If you were going to vote on line you would definately have to have voter ID. online voting might mean more people vote, perish the thought, actually finding the will of the people
    I have no problem with on-line voting... ironically the issue of voter id becomes critical in that case... going to the polls ? Not so much I guess.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Polls get skewed to favor a preconceived result. They are easily manipulated with the questions asked
    Hello tom:

I suppose the polls CAN be stacked... But, speaking as a businessman, it's suicide to DO that. I thought right wingers UNDERSTOOD business... No, huh?

Look. If I were in the polling business, the only thing I have to SELL is an ACCURATE poll. If my polls are flawed, nobody would buy them. Elliot would understand what I'm saying..

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Well thank goodness we have Biden on the job, admitting that the working class has been "buried the last four years."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who's winning?? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello: Congress is throwing us to the wolves. They'd rather DESTROY the other guy than do the work they were sent to do. I'm WATCHING the battle. I'm READING the prognostications. I'm SEEING the feints and blows. I STILL can't tell who's winning. You? excon

If the odds of winning a raffle are 2:229, what is the probability of winning? [ 3 Answers ]

If the odds of winning a raffle are 2:229, what is the probability of winning?

Winning claim? [ 9 Answers ]

Co-signed for family member for loan on purchase of item. Family member paid randomly, but not always. Loan was paid in full, but I had to pay out of my pocket at times to keep from defaulting on loan. Filed small claim for unpaid "personal" debt. Is this strong enough case to win?

Bathtub is winning [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced a hot water tank; after doing all the "I can do this" things, I turned on the water and all went well with the faucets in the upstairs bath, the main floor bath and kitchen faucets, the sink in the basement make-up room, the down stairs bath and the cold water side of the basement...

Who has a better chance of winning ? [ 59 Answers ]

McCain who has already campaigned from the center and needs to convince the right wing that he is the best candidate left for them ? Or Obama and Evita who have drifted further left and the campaign progressed trying to attract the wing ?

View more questions Search