Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weefella01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Tile grout coming loose
    Hi All,
    I had all floors in my house tiled with porceline tiles 5 years ago, the grout was getting rather tired looking and a couple of areas were cracking so we gor a tiler to remove the old grout and replace it ( bad mistake ). The job looked fine but after about 4 weeks the grout has started to come loose all over the floors. Does anyone have any suggestions to why this is happening.

My guess is the tiles have now become loose and have movement in them due to the vibration of the tiles groutin tool.ks in advance

Can you buy a grout with a added adhesive that would stop it coming loose ?

Than

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove grout from loose tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a table with a tile top. I left it in the rain and some of the grout dissolved so I took off the tiles and now each one has some grout left on it. I want to clean each tile and then install them on a piece of plywood to make a new table top. 1. How do I remove the old grout? Is there a...

Water coming up through tile grout kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Texas and after some rain and a few hot days, noticed a rug by oven was wet . Couldn't figure it out. Then felt the grout Nd it's wet it a small area? At the same time, water came out of a faucet in our guestroom sink? The same time. Slow drip got clothes wet that we never saw how it...

Can you grout tile using a special grout caulking gun? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy a special caulking gun that uses commercial tile grout? I have some 20" X 20" interior wall tile to grout and would like to avoid making a huge mess in my kitchen. This method, if available, would seem to be a good, clean solution. Ralph

Cracking grout and loose tiles [ 17 Answers ]

Less than a year ago I had several rooms tiled with a beautiful ceramic tile. Now the grout is cracking, the tiles are loose and I can't get the contractor to come back. (Don't even go there with me:mad: ) I have begun pulling up the loose tiles and have the motar to contend with below. How best ...

Removing grout from tile to reuse tile [ 5 Answers ]

We had our kitchen remodeled last year and removed/saved the old tile. We are now doing a bathroom and want to reuse the tile. How do I remove old grout from the back of tile so I can reuse the tile?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.