Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittney_long Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Run away
    I live with my mom and I get yelled at over and over and over again I'm 16 and I'm debating weather or not I should run away. I hate it here we moved because of my biological dad... he did bad stuff to me. My mom said it would get better but it still hasent changed it just keeps getting worce and worce. And I want to leave and I'm planing on getting married to my best friend in Georgia. So I was wondering what would happen if I left.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2012, 07:51 AM
    How about listening to your parents and then you won't get yelled at.

Unless of course you think mopping floors is the life career you want after you screw up what's left of your life. Run away and not learn to take orders and you will be lucky to find a job doing that two years from now when you are an adult and they can throw you out of the house. Until you are 18 and on your own can't do things they way YOU want to.

Its only 2 more years then you can find out what life is REALLY like... and its not as easy or nice as you have it now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Your mom needs you more than ever right now. You might not see it or feel it, but she does. I'm sure she depends on you a lot, needing not only your emotional support but also your physical help around the house to keep things running well.

Are you helping with any of the cooking or housecleaning? Do you do your own laundry and then put your clothes away neatly once they are clean? Do you wash dishes or, if you have a dishwasher, load it, run it, and later put the clean dishes away? Are there any pets that need your attention? The more you can take some of the load off your mom, the better life will be for both of you. Plus it's really good experience for you for when you live in a college dorm or later when you are married.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Do you want your best friend to go to jail? You can't get married until you are 18 unless you have parental consent. If you cross a state line to be with this friend, he could be in serious legal trouble.

You have clearly gone through an ordeal and you need some help to cope. Talk to a counselor at school. They can connect you with a professional to help you deal with your ordeal and with your mother.

But running away is not the answer. It will only make things worse.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 08:40 AM
    run away
    Brittney_long (1 Posts) Asked Today, 10:47 AM —
    I live with my mom and I get yelled at over and over and over again I'm 16 and I'm debating weather or not I should run away. i hate it here we moved because of my biological dad... he did bad stuff to me. my mom said it would get better but it still hasent changed it just keeps getting worce and worce. And I want to leave and I'm planing on getting married to my best friend in Georgia. So I was wondering what would happen if I left.
    You shouldn't run away especially to get married. That would only make your situation worse than it is. I know that doesn't seem possible right now, but it can.

It sounds like both you and your mother are stressed and neither of you are handling the situation very well. Just moving away from a problem doesn't solve or fix it.

You haven't said why your mother yells at you. But I can guess that the move and any legal and financial issues haven't been easy to deal with. Have you been acting out as well?

If your biological father mistreated you, are you getting counseling or help to get over it?

If you think you are mature enough to get married, then you are mature enough to get help where you are. Talk to school counselors, look up support groups, etc. Make an effort to help yourself instead of running away.

The main issues are inside you and you can't run away from yourself.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
    I live with my mom and I get yelled at over and over and over again I'm 16 and I'm debating weather or not I should run away. I hate it here we moved because of my biological dad... he did bad stuff to me. My mom said it would get better but it still hasent changed it just keeps getting worce and worce. And I want to leave and I'm planing on getting married to my best friend in Georgia. So I was wondering what would happen if I left.
    You want to know what will happen if you leave? Well, you'd end up working at McDonalds, not able to afford anything. The guy you married will be in jail if he's over the age of 18, because you're not old enough to get married. If he's under 18 your marriage won't be legal, and frankly, how do you think you and some other teen are going to survive?

My suggestion is that you stay in school, learn the difference between weather and whether, how to spell worse (hint, it doesn't have a c in it), get an education, and make something of yourself.

In the meantime, your mom yells because she's worried about you, and wants you to be a good person, grow up to be better. From what you've posted, she has a reason to be concerned. Grow up, go to school, and stop doing crap that isn't good for you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
    Exactly... even is an adult you are going to have to suck it up and deal with Bosses yelling at you, customers yelling at you, etc...
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney_long View Post
    ... planing on geting married to my bestfriend in georgia. so i was wondering what would happen if i left.
    I don't want to try to predict, but there is a substantial possibility that you and your husband will
    • quickly become miserable working minimum-wage jobs (if you can find any work) or on welfare;
    • have children who one or the other of you will abuse out of frustration with your life situations; and
    • the cycle will continue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MY two fans Minkaaire run in the different directions.\r\nHow can I make them run th [ 1 Answers ]

MY two fans Minkaaire run in the differetnt directions.\r\nHow can I make them run the same directions. I tried the on and off switch but it does not help

Admiral model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run [ 0 Answers ]

Admiral electric dryer model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run

My jeep turns over but won't start. It will run when I put starting fluid but won't run [ 2 Answers ]

My Jeep will will turn over but won't start. I changed the "O" ring in the injectors cause I heard that might be a problem, still nothing. It will start when I spray starting fluid but will only run until it burns through the fluid.

Wiring a ceiling fan in middle of run, outlet at end of run [ 5 Answers ]

I am wiring a bedroom ceiling fan and just needed someone to help me figure out part of the wiring I'm not sure about. The goal is to have a 2 gang switch control the light and the fan separately. The switch is at the beginning of the run, then the ceiling fan, and then I also have an "always...

View more questions Search