Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    User55 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
    I think I might have depression and need help
    Well ,I am generally a happy person I used to be very cheerful ,id wake up everyday with a smile on my face no doubt.. But recently over the last year or so I have found myself constantly negative ,depressed and constantly moody.. Btw I'm 15 years old.. I Used to be able to go out and have fun ,now I'm not interested in any of those things any more.. I find myself having a lot of arguments all the time with my friends out of nowhere because I get very annoyed over small things and I can't explain them.. When I am depressed I don't like telling people how I feel ,well I can't actually explain what I do be feeling most of the time ,its like 100 things going through my mind at once and then I start to worry.. I cry almost every night out of nowhere when I think of stuff ,or how things have changed.. But people don't take me serious cause of who I am , they think cause I don't share my problems they don't exist, but that's not true ,I just can't explain.. when this tend to continue and get worse my friend told me I had anxiety for sure ,and I don't like being surrounded by a lot of people I get very self councious and nervous and sweat a lot which makes me unconfortable :( That's when I start to question there must be something wrong with me I am always sad when I think about things especially things I think back on stuff ,I also get hurt so easily and offended by little things. So I decided to search online my problems and it mainly came up depression and anxiety and I was able to relatate to all those symptoms.. I have learned more about it and I'm pretty sure it could be my issue.. I have done tests online including one I did recently on aware.ie called the m3 test I think ? And my percentage was really high 77/100. which told me I have anxiety ,depression and stress problems and I'm worried.. I can not talk to my friends ,they can't really help me , As for my mam I don't really intend on speaking to her about this as I'm uncorfortable ,but my friends say I should speak to a counciler ,but I'm not quite sure how to ? Im not the best for talking I just don't know what to do :( Can somebody please help me, this issue has become worse and people are starting to notice my depression.
    decarlo123 Posts: 27, Reputation: 7

Oct 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
    It sounds like you totally are depressed the good thing is you don't have to stay depressed. You have control of your brain and you don't have to let it believe those things that your worrying yourself over.Think on positive things any thing good, nice, lovely! Every one has been depressed before. You have to learn to see the glass half full instead of half empty. Every one who's ever took a breath has been depressed. Get yourself around positive people. People who are going to speak good thing about you and into your life, people that will give you hope. You need to talk to someone about the way you feel. Most of the time they have struggled with the same things themselves. YOU really shouldn't keep things from your mom. Write back and tell me how yuour doing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Do you have a counselor at school, or teacher you trust? Certainly your mother notices this.

Oct 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by decarlo123 View Post
    it sounds like you totally are depressed the good thing is you dont have to stay depressed. you have control of your brain and you dont have to let it believe those things that your worrying your self over.Think on positive things any thing good, nice, lovely! Every one has been depressed before. you have to learn to see the glass half full instead of half empty. every one who's ever took a breath has been depressed. Get your self around positive people. People who are going to speak good thing about you and into your life, people that will give you hope. You need to talk to someone about the way you feel. Most of the time they have struggled with the same things themselves. YOU really shouldnt keep things from your mom. write back and tell me how yuour doing.
    Thanks for this! But I try to be positive most of the time and as soon As I would be fine for a whole day something would pop up into my head and change my mood quickly or if Someone says something to me that I might be more sensitive about Than others ? I try get myself around positive people and I try to talk to them but they can't really help ,they only ever listen but I feel like I am annoying them By telling them my problems and I feel like I don't care and that gets me more upset ,That I have nobody to help me.. I know I shouldn't keep things from my mam but anytime I Tell her about that I have chest pains ,she would be like its probably from stress and wouldn't take any notice of this to be concerned About me .

Oct 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you have a counselor at school, or teacher you trust? Certainly your mother notices this.

Yes I have a conselor at school but I never really get the chance to speak to him ,well I don't know how to approach him really like , what do I say to him? I would trust some teachers but I'm Shy and I wouldn't be comfortable confronting them with this :/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by User55 View Post
    Yes i have a conselor at school but i never really get the chance to speak to him ,well i dont know how to approach him really like , what do i say to him? I would trust some teachers but im Shy and i wouldn't be comfortable confronting them with this :/
    Print out this thread and hand it to the school counselor.

Oct 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
    I don't feel comfortable doing that though. Is there any other way

Oct 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Print out this thread and hand it to the school counselor.
    I don't feel comfortable doing that though . Is there any other way
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Write down a short list of depression symptoms.

1. Recently over the last year or so I have found myself constantly negative, depressed, and constantly moody.
    2. I used to be able to go out and have fun, but now I'm not interested in any of those things anymore.
    3. I have a lot of arguments all the time with my friends out of nowhere because I get very annoyed over small things and can't explain them.
    4. When I am depressed, I don't like telling people how I feel.
    5. I cry almost every night out of nowhere when I think of stuff or how things have changed.
    6. People don't take me seriously because of who I am.
    7. People think because I don't share my problems, they don't exist.
    8. I don't like being surrounded by a lot of people, so I get very self conscious and nervous and sweat a lot which makes me uncomfortable.
    9. I get hurt so easily and offended by little things.

Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Write down a short list of depression symptoms.

1. Recently over the last year or so I have found myself constantly negative, depressed, and constantly moody.
    2. I used to be able to go out and have fun, but now I'm not interested in any of those things anymore.
    3. I have a lot of arguments all the time with my friends out of nowhere because I get very annoyed over small things and can't explain them.
    4. When I am depressed, I don't like telling people how i feel.
    5. I cry almost every night out of nowhere when I think of stuff or how things have changed.
    6. People don't take me seriously because of who I am.
    7. People think because I don't share my problems, they don't exist.
    8. I don't like being surrounded by a lot of people, so I get very self conscious and nervous and sweat a lot which makes me uncomfortable.
    9. I get hurt so easily and offended by little things.

Okay thanks & Do you Definitely think they are all symptoms of depression?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2012, 09:17 AM
    I think you need to see a counselor and be honest about what you are thinking and feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

Do I have depression? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and I think I may have depression. I think of all the bad things in my life a lot and sometimes out of nowhere. One time I woke up in the middle of the night and just started to cry in a corner remembering all of the bad things and saying how I should kill myself. Well later that...

Depression [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am newly married and we are having problems related to sex. My husband is not able to get excited or gets satisfied easily w/o doing anything . There is no erection so far. He has some mental disturbances also may be due to ups and down in career or he was not able to stick to any...

View more questions Search