Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rand_althor98 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2005, 05:59 PM
    Notification Of Bequest!?
    Anybody out there ever heard of the subject "Notification Of Bequest!!!" being mentioned in an e-mail? I got one recently. I've seen other stuff similar to this one on-line. I figured it was some kind of scam. Please let me know what you know. Thanks!

Rand
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Email
    Hi,
    Any subject line containing something you don't already know about has a 99% chance of being either a scam, or advertising! (or, it could be a virus or a Trojan spyware).

This sounds like advertising.

Anytime you buy anything online, leave your email address at other sites you might join, or anything similar, be prepared for advertising.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2005, 05:37 AM
    Bequest
    According to Longterm.com,a bequest is (quote) "The items of personal property granted to another person,through the execution of a will" (unquote).
    If you were not expecting to see this,probably an advertisement,or more probably,a site has your email address,and decided to spam you.Take the usual security precautions.Do not reply to anyone you know nothing about,or click-on a link from within your email account!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B consular notification & SS tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on OPT and have a H1 approved. Since I was in India (for a month after I did my masters from a US university) when the petition was filed, the lawyers filed for a consular notification and without change of status. Does that mean I would need to start paying SS and medicare taxes...

Audio Mail Notification? [ 1 Answers ]

I used to use AOL, which has audio mail notification - "You Have Mail". For reasons too lengthy to go into, I now am using a different email service (Comcast). Is there any way I can make my iMac G5 notify me audibly when I get mail? Thanks, Kavanaugh

Need Appointment Notification Program [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone a have a free application/program that wiil send notification of events. e.g. I use Yahoo calendar for library reminders, birthdays etc but I would like to get away from my Yahoo. I don't want a messenger service like MSN or Yahoo active on my desk top. Have XP with Outlook & Express...

Email ring sound Notification how? [ 2 Answers ]

I am using Outlook Express 6 on XP Home. How do I set up the porgram that I hear a new email arriving. Either a ring or what ever. I have volume turned on but I can't hear anything. Is there a step I am missing?

View more questions Search