Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rilopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
    I sold my house in Ecuador to buy a house here do I need to pay taxes to bring the $
    Do I need to pay Taxes if aI bring money from a foreign country to buy a house, I sold a property in my country.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 12:27 PM
    If you are a resident, you may owe taxes on the GAIN on the sale of the house (unless it qualifies for exclusion because it was your primary home for two of the past five years).

There are NO transfer taxes for the transfer of the funds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I still pay rent to the old landlord if house is sold in tax sale? [ 5 Answers ]

Received a letter two days ago saying house is going for tax lien sale on 10/4/12. Landlord will not do any repairs that are needed and won't respond to our calls. If the house is sold, do we still pay rent to the old landlord or what? If sold, how long do we have to get out. Planning on moving in...

Taxes on inherited house sold at a loss [ 5 Answers ]

Five siblings, including myself, inherited my parent's house here in Texas. It was a mess, so we spent a year remodeling it, and it sold in February of this year. However, thanks to the depressed housing market, it sold at less than the amount it was valued at on the tax rolls. How do we report...

Inherited 25% of a house in Fort Worth. Taxes on that portion when sold? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife inherited 25% of a house from her mother when she died. Her father continued to live in the house for several years and now needs to sell it and move to assited living. What are the tax implications for the 25% she will get a closing - ~ $30,000.

My mom signed over her house then I sold it do I have to pay estate tax [ 3 Answers ]

My father died but my mom is still alive she signed over her house to me and my brother we are selling it do we have to pay inheritance or estate tax

How much do I pay to IRS on house and stocks sold? [ 1 Answers ]

I am filing for a federal tax extension, and need to know how much money to send in with the extension form. My mother died in Dec 2007, and I inherited her assets which were in a living trust, as successor trustee. After much work, I sold her house in May 2008 for $169,000. The house value...

View more questions Search