Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pikayrichardson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Tax treaty 20A
    I am a UK citizen and resident. I will do a one-off teaching at Georgetwon University in Washington DC for which I will have a gross income of $8500. Do I benefit from any US-UK Tax Treaty? How mcuh is the benfit and what is the name/number of the tax treaty?

Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Us uk tax treaty article 20A [ 8 Answers ]

I lived in the UK for more than 4 years before I moved to the US for doing a postdoctoral research here. I was a resident in the UK before I come to the US. According to the US/UK income tax treaty (see below), I think I should be eligible for the benefit. Therefore, I was trying to apply for it,...

UK US Tax Treaty: Remuneration for researchers is exempt (20A) but are stipends? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a British visiting Fellow on a J1 visa at a university in California, where I shall be for a total of 10 months. My letter of offer says that "In return for your contribution to Center activities as set forth in this invitation, we are pleased to offer a stipend of $xx,000 over the nine...

How to get social securtiy tax and medicare tax back (J-1, sign tax treaty)? [ 1 Answers ]

I hold J-1 visa and am a researcher from China, and sign the tax treaty form. I can file tax forms to get federal and state fax back. But there are social securtiy tax withheld and medicare tax withheld over 1000 USD in total. Do I need to pay that or can I get them back and how? Thank you so...

US/UK tax exemption Treaty 20a J1 visa [ 2 Answers ]

I have for the last several years visited USA as a visiting professor for aprox 1 month per year. Until now, I have been exempts from all US taxes and pay tax in the UK on my American earnings. This year I have been told that because this is the 3rd year I have visited on a J1 visa that I am no...

Tax for F-1 visa on OPT with tax treaty, resident alien for tax purpose [ 2 Answers ]

HI--I have multiple "identities" with regard to tax: 1. I'm an F-1 visa holder 2. I'm on OPT from Sept.2007-Aug.2008 3. I have benefits of tax treaty, under which I can be exempted from federal taxes up to $5000 a year for wages, and unlimited amount for fellowship 4. I'm a resident alien for...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.